GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished about 700 miles in two days riding. My thighs and lower legs ached for a lot of those miles from not being able to change leg position. I'm ordering the MOPs tomorrow. Which ones? I'm 6'0", 32 inch inseam. I do have the Ultimate King seat which puts you 1.75" back and .5 inches higher, according to Ultimate and that feels about right. Favoring the E.5 arm mounted on the horizontal bar. Wondering if I should order the 30 degree down(as opposed to the 45 deg.) block only because I have the Ultimate seat?

Does MOP take ride ins? I live in the Toledo, OH area and would consider riding into Michigan, where they are located. What Michigan city are they in or near?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Jim,
I'm 5-11" 32 inseam, King seat. I have the GD. I wanted a shorter bar (2.5" according to their website) then the E.5 for more stretch.

The GD is shown half way down the page. I like how it is forward out of the way.
http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/id37.html

Here's a photo of mine

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I've left them on as another alternative if I'm feeling restless.

·
Registered
399 Posts
About three weeks before my trip in June I tried to phone the MOP number getting a leave a message and we will get back to you message. Well being a truck driver and a shift worker together does not work well with we will get back to you. I tried phoning many times over the next couple weeks always getting the machine. I guess I should have just gone ahead and bought something else because I just ended up going on my trip with nothing.

Oh well live and learn,

I think before next years trip I'm going to try something else, I just don't have the patience anymore to play phone tag with a bloody answering machine. Especially at the prices they charge for their product.

Pete

·
Registered
15 Posts
After a couple of emails to ddking that included some basic info and a couple of pictures I was told which pair of pegs to order. Gave a call and ordered them. They are sitting home in Colorado waiting to be installed as soon as I get back from a family trip. Real easy and real quick. Sorry to hear you had trouble getting ahold of them as my experience with them was first class.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Pete, I'm sorry you were not able to get together over the phone with Jim. I don't know what the problem was in this specific instance, but I can tell you this. MOPs is an extremely small business. The sales force consists of Jim, who also does everything but manufacture the pegs himself, and one part-timer, myself. During the summers, Jim is often on the road at rallies and is limited to returning calls at night if it's not too late. I have a full-time job and cannot answer the phone when working. But that doesn't help you.

Jrafle's approach may work the best in your case. (I'm writing this at 4 am and often do my correspondence in the middle of the night.) It can take time emailing back and forth, but it can eventually get the job done.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know some people involved with MOP on here, so please don't take this the wrong way since it must just be user error.

However...am I the ONLY person completely intimidated by purchasing MOP with respect to model, options, website, etc.? I think buying a goldwing was a slam dunk compared to figuring out if I want DD, ED (sophomoric giggle :tongue:), etc...

·
Registered
264 Posts
However...am I the ONLY person completely intimidated by purchasing MOP with respect to model, options, website, etc.? I think buying a goldwing was a slam dunk compared to figuring out if I want DD, ED (sophomoric giggle :tongue:), etc...
No. You're certainly not the only one. I couldn't figure it out so I drove to MI to make sure I liked what I was buying. He was very helpful and it gave me a good reason to take a short (9 hour) bike trip.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I know some people involved with MOP on here, so please don't take this the wrong way since it must just be user error.

I can barely make sense of the site. There are too many differences between riders and we try to cover as many bases as we can. The best way to figure it out is to send us a picture of yourself on the bike, with your feet in the position you want and we can go from there. If you cannot send a picture, call or email us and we'll help you figure it out. At rallies, I tell people that if they go to the site, they might give up completely...so they should try them out there while they can. Then they can go to the site to order.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks Dan. Just picked up bike so need to get some miles on it, but I know this will be a purchase at some point, appreciate the assistance.

By the way, the great help you give on this forum is ultimately how I know which ones I'd buy, but I laughed when I looked at website tonight. So many variables which is good, but hard to pick. Honestly, think the same thing when I go to Baker wings site.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Put Mic-o-pegs on my bike last year... never looked back. They are great.

If you call them, as mentioned earlier, they will tell you the best ones for your riding style.

GL

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Received the MOPs yesterday. Like everyone else has said I should have gotten these a long time ago. Went with the E.5L which is only a 20 degree swing but with the Ultimate King I get plenty of legroom plus I get a little more room above the pavemet. I could have gone with the shorter leg but it seems that they would put my legs to far forward and I would be stretching. The pegs end up at the back end of the valve covers and you might think it would be a little crowded but it's not bad as the MOPs set above the stock pegs and are out of the way when bringing my feet off the stock pegs to the pavement and back again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts