GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a corbin heated seat. Thinking about adding arm rests for passenger. What is the best product/manufacturer for this set up.
My 01 has a cb antenna.

I know there is a right way and a wrong way to do this and I don't want to buy the wrong gear. What do you suggest and why?.
Any and all guidance is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
tr

I don't have them on my 1800 but I think the Show Chrome ones gets in the way if you have the passanger push to talk button, I like the Kuyrakyn one the best.

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Jeff in Ferndale WA said:
I prefer the Show Chrome/Big bike because they mount to the passenger grab handles,and not to the trunk under the antennas.
I would vote for these too. I don't have armrests now, but I'll probably add a pair for the Rockies-Gold trip and I like the idea and them mounting to the grab handles. Easy on, easy off.

Bartman

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
I like the Kuryakyn armrests with the built in cup holder. You have to swing them out to open the trunk and some people think that's a big deal. But I like the look and they work well.

S

·
0 Posts
Frisky, I was looking for a set myself and did a search on this site to see what everyone else thought . It seemed a lot liked the Kury's but a few mentioned about not liking to swing them out in order to open the trunk. I don't find that a problem so thats what I went with and am very pleased . Personally I haven't had much luck with BB stuff and no longer buy anything from them, period.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Arm rests

I like the Looks of The Kuryakyn it is no problem to swing them to the side to open trunk.The cup holder is a Joke I installed a butler cup holder to mine.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom

Tom
You must have one of the newer Corbins. My Corbin is about 5 years old and does not come with the built in arm rests, and knowing Corbin it would cost a fortune to add same, and with a high probability of not worth their price.

Knowing what I know now I would never buy a Corbin and as is I ride using the Aqua Aire seat cushion, which is great and I can ride all day in great comfort.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I prefer the Show Chrome/Big bike because they mount to the passenger grab handles,and not to the trunk under the antennas.
Jeff, have you had any problem with the plastic spacers? Mine are breaking from the swiveling. I've tried replacing them with nylon washers, but they're neither big enough nor thick enough, and are starting to break themselves.

Jay

PS Anybody have a phone # for Big Bike?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
My wife likes the BB ones we have and has a Butler Cup. They can be finicky (sp) with tightening so they swivel right. They must work, she hasn't fallen off yet and sleeps like a baby at times.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The armrests that go under the grab handles will cover, read break, the rear passengers heater switch.

I have the Big Bike arm rests and a heated Corbin. I can't install both at the same time.

John

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
One brand that mounts under the seat grab handles will not work if the bike has the OEM rear sead CB PTT and Volume control installed. I got a pair of those gathering dust.......

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
bugsmasher said:
Jeff, have you had any problem with the plastic spacers? Mine are breaking from the swiveling. I've tried replacing them with nylon washers, but they're neither big enough nor thick enough, and are starting to break themselves.

Jay

PS Anybody have a phone # for Big Bike?
Yes,I replaced the plastic spacers with stainless washers quite some time ago.
I couldn't find a phone number,but their web site lists this email for customer support:
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
we bought the Kury armrest because the SO wanted the cup holder :roll:
$155 @ Wingstuff 8)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Check out khromewerk products for goldwing. It makes pass. arm rests that install under the pass. hand grips using a bracket. Very sturdy. Nice looking piece. Also have newly designed one for 06-07 with passenger audio / heat controls.

http://www.khromewerks.com/

I'm planning to get one of these in the summer.

Zeebo

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ive got the Kury's and the wife loves them. She gets a lot of comments on her Built in Drink Holder. Women love that kind of stuff!!! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts