GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Hondas passenger volume & CB control does not work worth a hoot.. so I would like to ask which brand would you recommend ? wife wants to use CB and turn down volume .. she says I play the radio too loud...

tia

cosmic

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I got ours from a guy I think his name is "Smoman's". I will try to find the card, but His is really quality unit, bought off ebay, fits between the seat cushion and the side pocket. It has volume CB PTT and a switch for her mike.

·
Registered
262 Posts
volume control

Go to Hal's parts and look for Big Bikes parts or
search for volume control.
It has both volume control and a push to talk button
My wife likes hers

·
Registered
906 Posts
has any body tried the j&m one they just put out settin up my new nolan 102s and my wife wants the talk feature as well as turn it down feature let me know!!!

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: volume control

Whiskers said:
Go to Hal's parts and look for Big Bikes parts or
search for volume control.
It has both volume control and a push to talk button
My wife likes hers
I assume you remove the orginal plug and replace it with the this one ?

cosmic

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
dtbmjax - aka Bartman said:
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=5790&str=4&ID=239699245

Bartman
This is the one I purchased from Hal at Hoot and Jen loves it. Easy to install, remove the seat, unplug the original headset pigtail plug in the new headset pigtail and plug in the PTT (push to talk) lead. Volume control works well and can shut off the sound completly if desired. This unit is also compatible with Mic-Mutes.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I don't have mic-mutes,but I do have a mic-kill button,,,,,I wonder if Ican still use a rear CB control like some of these with this kill switch ?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
goldwinghen3 said:
I don't have mic-mutes,but I do have a mic-kill button,,,,,I wonder if Ican still use a rear CB control like some of these with this kill switch ?
The one I have from Smoman has a built in toggle switch for the mike.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=5790&str=4&ID=239699245

Bartman
I'm looking too... but not a very good reviews???? :?

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
tommyboyTX said:

Bartman
I'm looking too... but not a very good reviews???? :?
Looking at the reviews, two had issues with the cord fit (a little silicone lube works well), one seems to think it is only for use with BBP headsets (wrong) and one thought the PTT button was a mute button (also incorrect). The description of the product is straight forward. The unit has been installed since June and we have not had any issues with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts