GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the factory heated seat. I am thinking of buying a new seat. Which seat do you all recommend. Mustang, Ultimate seat, Corbin, Etc.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Get a Diamond -- you will never regret it :bow:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Seat

Ultimate:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Of course you know opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one!

I can tell you that I am 100% satisfied with the new Ultimate King I bought at Wingding. Moves me back almost 2", I can straighten my legs with MOPs, virtually eliminates sciatic pain.

Your results may vary, just my $0.02 worth.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Ultimate King. Numerous 1000+ mile days on mine.

Not a fan of their post sale service but the seat is second only to the Russell on my 1500 (and the Ultimate is far better looking).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ultimate king!!!

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
The Russell Day-Long is the one that so many others compare their saddles to: "As good as a Day-Long....Lots cheaper than a Day-Long...I like it almost as much as a Day-Long...I mean, c'mon! My hinie was made love to by a Russell saddle with velour top for years. Best seat ever. EVER! When I get a custom saddle made for my new wing you can bet it will be a Russell. Bill Mayer, RIP. But you made the best saddles in the word....and...and... and I love you man!:bow:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Seat

I hate the factory heated seat. I am thinking of buying a new seat. Which seat do you all recommend. Mustang, Ultimate seat, Corbin, Etc.
Tom Simmons
Fayetteville AR
http://tscustomseats.com/about.html

I might sell the bike but my Simmons seat is not included...it stays with me.

Ride up, let him have your seat and put a stock spare on, ride around NW Arkansas for a day while does your seat and then ride home.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Tom Simmons
Fayetteville AR
http://tscustomseats.com/about.html

I might sell the bike but my Simmons seat is not included...it stays with me.

Ride up, let him have your seat and put a stock spare on, ride around NW Arkansas for a day while does your seat and then ride home.
What he said. I have one also and did exactly the same thing had some great riding while waiting. Rode 350 miles home only stopping for subber and felt like I had been in my recliner. Has around 30K on it now and still like new. BTW he keeps the heated seat.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Best bang for my buck is the WingSoft. Best seat I tried is the Ultimate. I have a heated Mustang, (Kury), that I put about a thousand miles on and never could get comfortable on. P.M. Me an offer if anybody wants it.

Mack

·
Registered
443 Posts
My recent trip to Alaska was 7,000+ miles and my Russell Day Long was great. No sore behind at all. Longest day was 750 miles.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don’t know much about all the brands of seats mentioned in this post, and since I had a Diamond on my 1500 that I liked, I ordered one for the 1800… then regretted that decision. I didn’t like the overall fit nor did I like the position of the backrest… and I can say the customer service was not very good. However, Diamond did eventually send me a new brace for the backrest and after cutting the backrest down (it was way too big) and after adding an after-market gel pad and after finding the right position for the highway pegs and after adding risers to the handlebars, I finally got a comfortable seating position which I can ride all day long. My conclusion… everyone finds comfort a little differently and I could have easily had problems with the other seats (I don’t know that for sure… just a guess). So, be prepared to make other changes to the bike even after you install a new seat.
And, one of the things that will prevent me from buying a new Wing is having to go through this “comfort” process all over again… it was very frustrating.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Russell Day Long. Nuff said.:thumbup:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Russell Day Long. For a small additional charge, they keep the heat functional.

It's much cheaper than a Simmons, and I doubt it's much less comfortable. The Simmons is prettier, Day Long riders tend to say you're not looking at it while riding :). The Ultimate/King guys are comparable in price, but have only two standard riding positions, Russell uses your height, weight, your (required) photographs and your comments to fine tune the position for you. And they'll adjust it for free if you think they got it wrong.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What he said. I have one also and did exactly the same thing had some great riding while waiting. Rode 350 miles home only stopping for subber and felt like I had been in my recliner. Has around 30K on it now and still like new. BTW he keeps the heated seat.

What he said.:agree: I had the Ultimate on my Valk. It is a very nice seat but Tom Simmons seat is better. Always cool, doesn't bake in the sun. You can ride all day and feel like you never road. He is the only one that builds the seat to your specifications. He takes the seat apart builds it new for you. You will not be disappointed with his seat. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have owned a Corbin and an Ultimate seat each. I now have a Tom Simmons seat and I will have no other than Tom's seat behind me now. He will retain your stock heat also. This is the first seat that I have owned that I recommend without any disclaimer or hesitation. Call Tom and talk to him, he is a great guy.
I have the usual disclaimer that I am not affiliated with Tom to push his seat and I have yet to get my signature picture updated with the new seat on it. His is the real deal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts