GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 wing, I'm going to buy a new seat. Mine, the seams are shot.
I don't know what seat I have, Type 1 or 2.
What is the difference between the 2?
Can I use either?

On my seat is the sticker with this number:
+77200 -MCA - a200 - t1
06/27/03 003 of 8

Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a 04 wing, I'm going to buy a new seat. Mine, the seams are shot. I don't know what seat I have, Type 1 or 2.
What is the difference between the 2?Can I use either? On my seat is the sticker with this number:
+77200 -MCA - a200 - t106/27/03 003 of 8
Any info would be helpful. ThanksTony

If your talking Gen 1 or 2, an 04 is a Gen 1.
The seats were changed around 2010 or so.

Probably not what you want but I'll mention it just in case and seeing that were both in CT.
If you just looking for a quick replacement I have an older Corbin seat with Drivers Backrest that is in OK shape for a Gen 1 for $175.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
You will get a lot of varied responses, so here is mine: I have a Hartco, which was made for my size and riding style. I will not ride another factory seat on a Wing. I have loved mine from the start, as it moves me back and up, a little, giving my knees a much needed "straightening out", so to speak. There are numerous other makers, and all will have their champions. It is unlikely you would go wrong with any of them.

Not that it is my business, but the offer made by F6 rider should be well worth your looking into. Just remember, with a Corbin, it may take a couple of thousand miles before your butt gets used to it. If his seat was built for him, and you and he are close to the same physical size, I’d say go for it. If you don’t like it, you can probably get your money back when you sell it.

Good luck in your search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts