GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The closest one to mine is the power sport compressor for $49.99. Mine is roughly 10 years old but came with a case like the one shown on the slime website

Reactions: jettawreck

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
The closest one to mine is the power sport compressor for $49.99. Mine is roughly 10 years old but came with a case like the one shown on the slime website
I have the older model of the powersports one. Works very well. Never had to use it on the bike but have filled auto tires with it.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yep, mine is similar to the "Power sport" $49.99 model shown. Mine is older with similar case. I paid less than half that listed price.

Reactions: Wahoo

·
Registered
563 Posts
Has anyone here used CO2 cartridges for inflation? I have 5-6 of the large ones in a patch kit I keep in one of the bags. I've had this kit for a bout 4 years but have, fortunately, never had to see if they in fact work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have an older one of these they work well no problems.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Has anyone here used CO2 cartridges for inflation? I have 5-6 of the large ones in a patch kit I keep in one of the bags. I've had this kit for a bout 4 years but have, fortunately, never had to see if they in fact work.
And hopefully they are still charged after 4 years. I had some CO2 cartridges for a BB gun that were two years old and were useless. Check and see if there is an expiration date code on the cartridges.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Forget the plug-in junk and buy this. I wish I had it years ago. Shuts off at the desired PSI. I wrote the PSI for all my vehicles on the case for easy reference. I filled 8 car tires and 4 motorcycle tires on one charge and it was still ready to fill more. I recharge once a year or after using.

CYCPLUS A8 Portable Tire Pump Smart Air Inflator Electric Mini Air Compressor with 2*2600mAh Rechargeable Battery and Type-c Port for Car Bicycle Motorcycle and Balls (Grey) : Automotive (amazon.com)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Slime is on my BAD LIST for their tire pressure gauges!! I purchased 4 of them to keep in various vehicles and one in the shop. At one point I went to check a tire pressure and had two of the gauges in my hand. Measured the pressure and showed 3lbs low. For fun I tried the other one and damned if it didn't say 1 lb OVER. Hmmmm. I gathered up all 4 of my Slime gauges and tried them in order. There was a 6 lb difference on the same tire between the 4 different gauges! Yikes! That is too big a variation for me to trust their crappy product. I'm sure their compressors work ok, but I would NOT trust the built in gauge if it has one. Be warned, as we can often feel the difference when we are down a few lbs..

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Slime is on my BAD LIST for their tire pressure gauges!! I purchased 4 of them to keep in various vehicles and one in the shop. At one point I went to check a tire pressure and had two of the gauges in my hand. Measured the pressure and showed 3lbs low. For fun I tried the other one and damned if it didn't say 1 lb OVER. Hmmmm. I gathered up all 4 of my Slime gauges and tried them in order. There was a 6 lb difference on the same tire between the 4 different gauges! Yikes! That is too big a variation for me to trust their crappy product. I'm sure their compressors work ok, but I would NOT trust the built in gauge if it has one. Be warned, as we can often feel the difference when we are down a few lbs..
Pretty common thru all product line cheap pressure gauges (even/especially digital types). A decent gauge is a much better product than the typical junk included with kits, etc.
Never trust a regulator gauge either.
I carry a Slime compressor for its convienent size but have no clue as to its longevity. Hopefully it works when I need it some day, better yet if I never do.
The older model I have has no built in gauge, and I prefer it that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts