GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Lucas Slick Mist good and safe for our paint? What do you like and how do you use it?

·
Registered
16,985 Posts
That product seems to work fine.

prs

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I don’t know about a 2018..... but I’ve tried the Lucas spray mist as well as others and always seem to just go back to Plexus. Just works for everything plastic and paint.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I don’t know about a 2018..... but I’ve tried the Lucas spray mist as well as others and always seem to just go back to Plexus. Just works for everything plastic and paint.

Plexus is a plastic cleaner and has gotten quite expensive ($30/can). It is a fine product and I use it on my windshields. Lucas Slickmist speedwax is also a fine product and I use that too, but mostly as a detail spray. My choice for a spray wax is Bike Spirits cleaner & polish which I will use on paint, but I'm an old-school guy and prefer a 100% Carnuba paste wax applied by hand.

·
Registered
319 Posts
F11. Bugs melt off it and you can use it on chrome paint plastic windscreens and it leaves no white residue. So easy to use. Not a cleaner but a sealer. Clean and polish bike first then enjoy.

I have been cleaning and waxing my personal bikes for over 40 years and F11 works great and is easy to use. Not cheap ...

Been using it on my 2018 DCT and Wife's K1600B and F150 truck in Florida and works great. Started using it a year ago after getting free samples from F11 at Daytona Bike Week last year.

Attachments

·
15 year Member
6,899 Posts
F11. Bugs melt off it and you can use it on chrome paint plastic windscreens and it leaves no white residue. So easy to use. Not a cleaner but a sealer. Clean and polish bike first then enjoy.

I have been cleaning and waxing my personal bikes for over 40 years and F11 works great and is easy to use. Not cheap ...

Been using it on my 2018 DCT and Wife's K1600B and F150 truck in Florida and works great. Started using it a year ago after getting free samples from F11 at Daytona Bike Week last year.

Florida Brent you couldn’t have said it better... I AM a sucker for the wax “snake oil salesmen” and I can tell you the living here in Nevada the dust is unbelievable.... I treated my G37s with the stuff as well as my 2018 Goldwing and much to my surprise, my G37 s does not get driven much, after a month or so it had NO visible dust on it... I was amazed.... the stuff works GREAT and really works as advertised, I would highly recommend it..... i will be buying it again...

Great Stuff....

Mattbcnv

Reactions: zg1286

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just started using Aerolon Tech Shine. Applied wet and water activated. Easy to apply on our 'Wings since they are so full of nooks and crannies. It lays on a nice looking shine and promises to make bugs easy to wash off. Can't try that yet, no bugs here ... yet.

https://aerolon.com

·
Registered
301 Posts
Between Meguiar's canauba gold full wax applications I'll use Meguiars spray detailer and of course Pledge after every ride.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Lemon pledge or whatever they call it at the dollar store.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Maguires spray detailer for me in between washes, but peroxide first for the love bugs

Reactions: spork

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I like Lucas Slick Mist, I use it between waxes for a quick detail. It does a wonderful job, and is really inexpensive compared to other products on the market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
994 Posts
Plexus is a plastic cleaner and has gotten quite expensive ($30/can). It is a fine product and I use it on my windshields. Lucas Slickmist speedwax is also a fine product and I use that too, but mostly as a detail spray. My choice for a spray wax is Bike Spirits cleaner & polish which I will use on paint, but I'm an old-school guy and prefer a 100% Carnuba paste wax applied by hand.
I buy the Plexus in a 2pk 13oz on eBay for $41. Hurley Motorsports usually has it on sale for $21 for a 13oz can.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Cleaner

My normal cleaner is the Original Spray Cleaner and Polish from WingStuff. I use Rejex every 2 or 3 months for better protection of the paint. OTOH, I'm not sure I should be giving anyone cleaning advice. :grin2:

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Original Bike Spirits from Walmart or an auto parts store. Hydrogen Peroxide for bugs, and spray detailer for rain splash residue. I seldom wash the Black Pearl. Now, the Hunley gets carnuba (Mother's, I think) wax with Bike Spirits as a touch-up at shows and 303 on the tires so they look clean but not shiny.

·
Registered
19,262 Posts
Plexus

For love bugs a fabric softener sheet wetted down

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ive been using Nu Finish Car Polish for all my vehicles, but those spray on ones are definitely easier.

Reactions: Rusty360
1 - 20 of 43 Posts