GL1800Riders Forums banner

Which front fork springs do you recommend ?

• Progressive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Traxxion

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get an idea of which front fork springs seem to be working the best for you, based on what you have installed, seperate of front shock replacement.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have had both and would take the Traxxion springs hands down.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Perhaps you could reword this. One cannot accurately conclude anything from the poll. Only riders who have had both can answer the question as to whether one is to be prefered over the other. I've never heard of anyone who has replaced their Traxxion springs with Progressive, but I have heard of the other way around.

·
Chard Member
12,966 Posts
ddking said:
I've had both. Traxxion...hands down.
Why? How many miles had you put on the Trx springs before you bent them? :(

Get Well. Hope you need the Trx susp for your new Wing soon. :wink:

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Red said:
ddking said:
I've had both. Traxxion...hands down.
Why? How many miles had you put on the Trx springs before you bent them? :(

Get Well. Hope you need the Trx susp for your new Wing soon. :wink:
You quoted me before I realized I had answered the question wrong. Since I had the entire upgrade for the front, I'm not eligible for this poll.

I only had a couple thousand miles on mine before the accident. Max said to take the cartridges out and he'd see if they were reuseable or repairable.

Thanks, Red. I hope I need them soon as well.

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Well I haven't tired the Progressive springs in my bike, but I have measured the fork sag of a Wing that had the Progressive springs installed before I installed a set of Traxxion springs in his bike.

With the Progressive fork springs and the owner sitting on his bike who weighed 280lbs his bike sagged 3 inches. With the Traxxion fork springs installed his bike sagged only 1 inch.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
TRAXXION NO CONTEST

1 - 8 of 8 Posts