GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a tour bag to use on my Kury luggage rack. What bag do you guys recommend? Advice always appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Which Tour Bag

I use the Kuryakyn which is one of the least expensive Kuryakyn items. Cost is about 40.00 and is well made and comes with built in rain cover. Really works well....and is attractive also..

·
Registered
761 Posts
We also have the Kury and it works ok. If I ever need to replace it I will look around more. I have seen some around that I would like to look closer at. I may not find anything better but I would look.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The Kuryakyn bag they're talking about is a very nice bag. It's 1200 Denier nylon so it's pretty heavy for a "soft" bag.

Here's another Kuryakyn bag that I've sold quite a few of. It's more expensive but one really nice thing about it is that it's a rigid bag so it doesn't matter if it's full or empty...it holds it's shape.

It's $139.99 retail

Designed to rest on the luggage rack or sissy bar mount, the Roll Bag features a large clamshell-style flap that opens wide for easy access to packed items. A magnetic closure and zipper secures the front flap. A retractable locking device lets you lock the bag to the bike. A cargo net on the inside of the lid keeps must-have items handy. Made of Cordura and leather, the Roll Bag holds its shape even when empty.

Dimensions: 10" Tall x 12" Deep x 19" Wide

·
Registered
68 Posts
Which Tour Bag

Nope--the bag I am talking about and I did make mistake as to price, is Kuryakyn rack bag #4156 in black which is a soft bag, very light and does a really great job-There are two other colors green and purple and they are 39.99-I have the black one and it fits on the rack like it is designed to do-Go to Kurlyakyn.com (be sure use capitol K) and you can see the bags.....

·
Registered
887 Posts
Re: Which Tour Bag

beauluziana said:
Nope--the bag I am talking about and I did make mistake as to price, is Kuryakyn rack bag #4156 in black which is a soft bag, very light and does a really great job-There are two other colors green and purple and they are 39.99-I have the black one and it fits on the rack like it is designed to do-Go to Kurlyakyn.com (be sure use capitol K) and you can see the bags.....
I don't think you read my post very close. I knew what bag you were talking about. I was giving him another option. Some guys don't like the soft bags.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Buy a Pak-It Rak instead. Your trunk lid wasn't designed to carry any excess weight.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ellary said:
Buy a Pak-It Rak instead. Your trunk lid wasn't designed to carry any excess weight.
I agree unless you've got the rubber baby buggy bumpers installed and then I don't think it's a big issue as long as you don't get too carried away. I haven't had any problems with mine and I've put quite a bit of stuff in the bag on the rack.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Which Tour Bag

All I can say about the #4156 is that we went to North Carolina and packed both saddle bags, trunk and the Tour bag and had no probs at all with weight and it was full--we put our rain gear and things for the overnite motel in the rack bag-as far as rain proof, the rain cover is in a zipped compartment and works great-just unzip and it simply is pulled out and fits over entire back and pulls tight-when not needed it just rolls up and goes back into the zippered pouch---great for only 50.00

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANKS

I decided to go with the #4156 Kury. Give it a try for $44.00. As I said before all advice appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Which Touring Bag

You made an excellent choice as to quality and price-I have never felt that I made anything but the right choice-It will do the job!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know you've made your decision, but I had to weigh in on my choice:

I got T-Bags' "Dekker Supreme" rack bag and the "Dresser Backseat Bag". These more than double my bag capacity.

Paul in Memphis, TN

1 - 16 of 16 Posts