GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
761 Posts
We also have the Kury and it works ok. If I ever need to replace it I will look around more. I have seen some around that I would like to look closer at. I may not find anything better but I would look.

· Registered
887 Posts
The Kuryakyn bag they're talking about is a very nice bag. It's 1200 Denier nylon so it's pretty heavy for a "soft" bag.

Here's another Kuryakyn bag that I've sold quite a few of. It's more expensive but one really nice thing about it is that it's a rigid bag so it doesn't matter if it's full or empty...it holds it's shape.

It's $139.99 retail

Designed to rest on the luggage rack or sissy bar mount, the Roll Bag features a large clamshell-style flap that opens wide for easy access to packed items. A magnetic closure and zipper secures the front flap. A retractable locking device lets you lock the bag to the bike. A cargo net on the inside of the lid keeps must-have items handy. Made of Cordura and leather, the Roll Bag holds its shape even when empty.

Dimensions: 10" Tall x 12" Deep x 19" Wide

· Registered
68 Posts
Which Tour Bag

Nope--the bag I am talking about and I did make mistake as to price, is Kuryakyn rack bag #4156 in black which is a soft bag, very light and does a really great job-There are two other colors green and purple and they are 39.99-I have the black one and it fits on the rack like it is designed to do-Go to Kurlyakyn.com (be sure use capitol K) and you can see the bags.....

· Registered
887 Posts
Re: Which Tour Bag

beauluziana said:
Nope--the bag I am talking about and I did make mistake as to price, is Kuryakyn rack bag #4156 in black which is a soft bag, very light and does a really great job-There are two other colors green and purple and they are 39.99-I have the black one and it fits on the rack like it is designed to do-Go to Kurlyakyn.com (be sure use capitol K) and you can see the bags.....
I don't think you read my post very close. I knew what bag you were talking about. I was giving him another option. Some guys don't like the soft bags.

· Registered
887 Posts
Ellary said:
Buy a Pak-It Rak instead. Your trunk lid wasn't designed to carry any excess weight.
I agree unless you've got the rubber baby buggy bumpers installed and then I don't think it's a big issue as long as you don't get too carried away. I haven't had any problems with mine and I've put quite a bit of stuff in the bag on the rack.

· Registered
68 Posts
Which Tour Bag

All I can say about the #4156 is that we went to North Carolina and packed both saddle bags, trunk and the Tour bag and had no probs at all with weight and it was full--we put our rain gear and things for the overnite motel in the rack bag-as far as rain proof, the rain cover is in a zipped compartment and works great-just unzip and it simply is pulled out and fits over entire back and pulls tight-when not needed it just rolls up and goes back into the zippered pouch---great for only 50.00

· Registered
130 Posts
I know you've made your decision, but I had to weigh in on my choice:

I got T-Bags' "Dekker Supreme" rack bag and the "Dresser Backseat Bag". These more than double my bag capacity.

Paul in Memphis, TN

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.