GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several threads where folks have added upper wind deflectors under the mirrors to help control wind buffeting for the back passenger. I've done some research and there seem to be several to choose from.

Which brand are people adding to help with passenger wind buffeting?

Personally, I think I'd prefer clear ones over smoke as they don't seem to stand out as much, but I'm open to other opinions.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I went with the Honda Upper air deflectors as well. It's a clean design and works as advertised.

·
Registered
33 Posts
OEM. Wife really notices the difference on the interstate with them closed. Lot less wind hitting her helmet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I used show chrome deflectors.

It’s not cold here so I can’t speak to protection and I don’t often ride with pillion anymore - but when it’s hot they sure are nice angled in to direct air at my torso.

Here is a pic with it on the left side and not the right - for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
314 Posts
Do the Honda deflectors direct any additional air to the rider when in the rearward position? Verses not having them.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I rode 7500 miles with the Honda upper and lower wind deflectors. They are very well made and keep the air away from you when closed or partially open. When open they do nothing to add additional air flow to your torso. I have sensed switched to Show Chrome. The uppers while not as strong as the Honda deflectors work much better at both directing air toward your torso and away. The lowers work the opposite of what you think. On hot days you should close them and on cold days partially open them. There is a lot of hot air coming off the radiators. The Honda lowers work the best at this time if you want anything at all.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I used show chrome deflectors.

It’s not cold here so I can’t speak to protection and I don’t often ride with pillion anymore - but when it’s hot they sure are nice angled in to direct air at my torso.

Here is a pic with it on the left side and not the right - for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have these also. They do a good job blocking air and lessening buffeting and also directing air towards the rider on hot days.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've seen several threads where folks have added upper wind deflectors under the mirrors to help control wind buffeting for the back passenger. I've done some research and there seem to be several to choose from.

Which brand are people adding to help with passenger wind buffeting?

Personally, I think I'd prefer clear ones over smoke as they don't seem to stand out as much, but I'm open to other opinions.
I went with Honda upper and lower because I'd test ridden one with them installed and knew they worked.
I wish they had a tinted option, though. I'd probably have gone with Show Chrome for the tinted option had I not already decided on the test ride.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I rode 7500 miles with the Honda upper and lower wind deflectors. They are very well made and keep the air away from you when closed or partially open. When open they do nothing to add additional air flow to your torso.
I had a different experience regarding the Honda upper air deflectors, both my wife and myself noticed the additional air to our sides above the waist with the upper deflectors in the open position compared to before they were installed. Most noticeable in our air flow jackets when the temps got warm, air was nicely hitting me under the arm on my side and also my wife riding pillion, worked great for us.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts