GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Reading this post and need some help. I have the Show Chrome upper deflectors and the Slipstreamer. My wife is still experiencing significant buffeting at the helmet and I can hear the wind thru her microphone. Should I look to lower Deflectors? OR at the X-creek windshield attachment to decrease the wind on her.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I been fighting same thing for last 10 months. Every time it is good weather lately it is windy. We did get out few days ago with little cross wind and seems we got a good air pocket goin with slipstream wrap around windshield ,show chrome uppers, baker built hand guards and the kuryakyn lowers. We are both skinny so i dont help block much wind and there is good size gap between us so she catches a lot of buffeting. Our current set up seems too work well but only have couple hundred miles with it.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
I been fighting same thing for last 10 months. Every time it is good weather lately it is windy. We did get out few days ago with little cross wind and seems we got a good air pocket goin with slipstream wrap around windshield ,show chrome uppers, baker built hand guards and the kuryakyn lowers. We are both skinny so i dont help block much wind and there is good size gap between us so she catches a lot of buffeting. Our current set up seems too work well but only have couple hundred miles with it.
@Eric0507 What do you think of the Baker air wings? I have the ones that protect the cold air blast and rain from my hands. So far I love em! I had to get rid of the OEM upper wind deflectors as I installed Driving lights that fit under the mirrors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the baker hand guards ones that mount above the mirrors. I have not got many miles with them. All of the riding i have done has been cold weather though and they seem to work well. Feels like the air pocket is now doing passenger some good.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
@Eric0507 Thanks for the reply. Ride safe many miles n smiles!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Saturday and Sunday will probably put in some real miles. I will try remember to give a full report. With passengers thoughts lol.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Saturday and Sunday will probably put in some real miles. I will try remember to give a full report. With passengers thoughts lol.
Eric how is the install in the above wings that go over the mirrors? Would I have to remove my lower wings and the oem plastic bezel again to install the bakers?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The hole u drill is in the same piece that holes are drilled in for the uppers. Has an expanding rubber insert that goes in the hole. I didn't remove anything to do it just used the clamp to the winglet then drilled pilot hole that way.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts