GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at the parts fiche on line and there are two valve stems for the front wheel listed. How would one know which one to order? There is about $3. difference in price. On the rear, there are three numbers, but one of the numbers supercedes the other two, so no problem there.
I did some cross checking on prices and Honda Direct is definitely the lowest price on OEM parts. On the rear section of the front fender for a particular color, it was $46. cheaper than another site. Even on small items they are lower at HDL.

·
Registered
300 Posts
valve stems

i just went throught this when i got my parts and found that th different stem numbers are for a chrome one and a brass one which is which im not sure but i would follow the numbers that were given by jimmy

·
Registered
994 Posts
Re: valve stems

jake4440 said:
i just went throught this when i got my parts and found that th different stem numbers are for a chrome one and a brass one which is which im not sure but i would follow the numbers that were given by jimmy
Just went through this too and my dealer asked "What tire did I have on the front?" Don't know what difference the tire meant so I told him "NONE right now". He asked what year? 2004 I said. He said OK and retreived a 42753-MN5-004 from stock. It is chrome and is exactly what came off.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Valve stems

HDL does not stock that particular part number, they only had the other one listed for the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts