GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought some Rejex and used it on my bike and really, really liked it's performance for the first 2 weeks. But, over all it's performance has deterriorited rapidly and I beleive this has to do with several factors which I won't go into detail right now. But one of those factors, I beleive is all the wax that I had on the bike, used the Captian's bomb about once a week so I think I have a fair build up of wax which prevented the Rejex from properly adhering the bike's clear coat.

I'm planning on getting Dupont's Prep-Solve to strip the wax and prepare the surface properly for Rejex. However, called my local paint supply auto shop and there are two versions of Dupont's Prep-Solve. 1st Clean and Final clean. I hope I don't need both. Anyone with some painting experience, can you tell me which one would be best to use?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answer to my own question

Ok, I got ahold of a Dupont Chemist and got a final answer. If you want to prep your vehical to receive Rejex properly then you want Dupont's Prep-Solve 1st Clean model number 3900S. Do NOT get Dupont Prep_Solve Final Clean 3901S which will not take off wax but is designed as a final wash just prior to painting.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thanks for the info. I also have the Rejex and was getting to the point of figuring out what to use to prep the surface. :D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Some dish detergents would probaly remove the wax too. 8)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I would bet that isopropyl alcohol would remove the wax and it is real cheap!

I

·
0 Posts
Rejex states that any good detergent will remove wax in prep to putting on Rejex. DO NOT use car wash products. They are designed to not remove wax, for obvious reasons.

The DuPont wax remover product you mentioned is probably the best, but not absolutely necessary.

Ride safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts