GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am remembering correctly, one of the videos that Max produced had a discussion about how to remove and reinstall the black plastic covers that cover the exhaust pipe guards. One of my covers seems a little loose compared to the other side and I wanted to take it off and reinstall it to produce a better fit. Does anyone recall in which video Max talked about removing and reinstalling these black plastic exhaust guard covers?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
If I am remembering correctly, one of the videos that Max produced had a discussion about how to remove and reinstall the black plastic covers that cover the exhaust pipe guards. One of my covers seems a little loose compared to the other side and I wanted to take it off and reinstall it to produce a better fit. Does anyone recall in which video Max talked about removing and reinstalling these black plastic exhaust guard covers?
Beyond the push pin that holds it on what else can you do ?

·
Registered
16,980 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it is part number 9, cover engine guard, the one that is attached to the exhaust. Does anyone know which Max video? When I pulled up the the you tube link that laen posted it just brought me to the home page for Max's videos.

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
Yes, it is part number 9, cover engine guard, the one that is attached to the exhaust. Does anyone know which Max video? When I pulled up the the you tube link that laen posted it just brought me to the home page for Max's videos.
I do not remember Max covering that, but it is covered in Jim ****'s presentation:

http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/page58.php

Very simple, but Fred's videos should be on your very short list.

prs

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, Pigeon Roost, I looked at that parts diagram on my phone and the screen was too small to identify the right part. On a bigger screen and on the part zilla diagram for exhaust it is actually the left saddlebag guard cover part number 31 that is attached to the exhaust cover. Sorry for the confusion. I do think Max did discuss in one of his videos, just can't remember which one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The saddlebag guard cover appears to be only held on with a plastic pin. I know the plastic pin on the windshield bracket is a push type pin. The pin on the saddlebag guard covers looks different. Does anyone know how to take out the pin without damaging it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
harbor freight carries the pin removing plier that makes removing that cover easy. I use some silicon spray to expedite reinstalling the cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts