GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time using and editing the GoPro video.

Be blunt and tell us what you think - constructive criticism welcomed.

We had fun doing it.

I learned I tend to hug the line sometimes so the cost of the GoPro already paid off for me.

Trail rider is my wife on the Boulevard, I was on the Wing, and the Harley rider we picked up along the way is a stranger to us. We rode together a large part of the day - from the Island on out.

Hope you like it - Bandwidth through 1080p is available so use whichever your connection can handle..

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awesome Video. I assume helmut mount, what setting on the camera were you using and what program to do the editing with. I have also purchased a motorsports Hero and will start to play with it as soon as we get weather that is condusive to riding. Rained of all last week and forecast is for much the same this week.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Looks good to me! I'll be riding out that way in August I hope.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Thanks for posting! Used to live up there near Auburn and have ridden that before. Really enjoyed it and the music by Tommy...:thumbup:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome Video. I assume helmut mount, what setting on the camera were you using and what program to do the editing with. I have also purchased a motorsports Hero and will start to play with it as soon as we get weather that is condusive to riding. Rained of all last week and forecast is for much the same this week.
Thanks!

I was using R5 this day. I used helmet mount with a couple of legs to elevate it about 4 inches above my helmet - helps clear the console on the Wing.

To combine all the clips into one big clip I use Powerdirector, and for the main editing I'm using Microsoft Movie Maker. Seems to really be the best and fastest way of processing this type video.

Once done, I'm going to start running it through Handbrake for conversion to MP4 - it does nothing to quality but gives better compression over Movie Maker and also gives me the .MP4 extension so I can play the videos on my Apple devices.

·
Registered
236 Posts
video

Looks great to me too! Since I ride those roads all the time, it was nice to know where you were on every view as soon as I saw it.
thanks
Hobbit

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
The video was excellent, and I loved the audio! Riding Hwy 20 was a highlight of my NW trip a couple of years ago. We started in LA, followed the coast all the up and around the Olympic Peninsula and then ferried onto Whidbey Island, and rode Hwy 20 up and over the Cascades into Winthrop. Thanks for bringing back the memories!

I don't remember the name of the town or the cafe, but shortly before we started to climb into the mountains, there was a great breakfast spot. We weren't early enough to take advantage of their half-price (or something like that) early bird special, but the chicken fried steak was one of the best I've ever eaten. :eat1:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Great job! Nice music too!
Thanks for sharing!
No criticism from me - you did better than I ever did :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks for the video, I love that road. Bob on the 8th we are going to Winthrop for an icecream run (there and back) want to go?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The video was excellent, and I loved the audio! Riding Hwy 20 was a highlight of my NW trip a couple of years ago. We started in LA, followed the coast all the up and around the Olympic Peninsula and then ferried onto Whidbey Island, and rode Hwy 20 up and over the Cascades into Winthrop. Thanks for bringing back the memories!

I don't remember the name of the town or the cafe, but shortly before we started to climb into the mountains, there was a great breakfast spot. We weren't early enough to take advantage of their half-price (or something like that) early bird special, but the chicken fried steak was one of the best I've ever eaten. :eat1:

Would just about have to be Buffalo Run or The Marblemount Diner - not much else out there.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Would just about have to be Buffalo Run or The Marblemount Diner - not much else out there.

:thumbup:
Neither name rings a bell, but that doesn't mean you didn't get it right. All I remember was it was right on Hwy 20, left side of the road (heading east), and it was really good.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
yup you hug the line to much

a tip for that
look from your eyes to the mirror on the inside of the turn,if it looks like the mirror is over the line your to close to the center line

tip two,,,to move to the out side more use more throttle

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yup you hug the line to much

a tip for that
look from your eyes to the mirror on the inside of the turn,if it looks like the mirror is over the line your to close to the center line

tip two,,,to move to the out side more use more throttle

I've got that part worked out

My wife always rides trail and I always try to give her a lot of room.. we've got our plan worked out and it seems to be working fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts