GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just put a after market cb on my bike when motor running have a constant whine or hiss ,loader with engine speed up any help here tks Tom

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Hop,

There are 3 filters that get installed. They should have come with the CB. Are you sure that they have been installed correctly?

Also there is a wiring harness that was chamged in 03. It's purpose is to reduce alternator whine in the intercom and CB. It's avalable for about $80 to install on the 01 and 02. What year is your wing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
What's more important is what type of wine izzt?

I find a red wine goes well with rural roads, highways and interstates; and a nice dry white wine goes well with city streets. I'm just not sure what wine goes with CBs. I'd have thought a Budweiser or Blue Ribbon would be more appropriate.

By the way, never ride and wine. Your ride is too valuable to risk.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Apologies for that last post. It's Friday afternoon and I'm ready to go home. :oops:

Anyway, is it a whine or a squeal? Does it come from your speakers, or are other people complaining about it?

If it appears to be a whine or a buzz, then you probably need a filter on the input. If it squeals, then you've got a grounding problem .. either the radio, the antenna or some combination of the two.

It's been a while since my electronics days (a long time ago I was an electronics tech, but I grew out of that and became a programmer). I've had several of these problems in putting a CB on a bike ... but it's Friday afternoon and my memory don't work none to good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Morph, saw your reply about the updated wiring harness that reduces the alternator whine. Do you have any additional info on the part? I have a whine in my intercom too. Not from my passenger, but kinda like the sound you get when a spark plug wire breaks down. I had it checked out at the dealer when I had the ecm transplanted and the bike, radio, cb and intercom were given a clean bill of health. I have an 01 Pearl Blue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts