GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whine-N-Dine in Oh Nine Goings On.

Official Catscade starts Friday the 29th and ends Sunday the 31st. Some will be coming earlier and some will be staying later.
The official lodging is the Fireman’s park in Hasbrouck NY, and the Days Inn in Liberty NY. Alternative lodging has been posted on the Catscade web site.
The Fireman’s park is not a campground with all of the amenities, however it is not all that bad. The park includes a covered Pavilion where will eat and get out of direct bad weather if necessary. The park also has a full kitchen that can be utilized. A Dudes and Dudettes toilet and shower facility. A pond affectionately named “Loon Lake” in honor of Soloquest, is filled with fish, turtles, water fowl and other creatures. (Bring a string and a hook.) Security at the park is not an issue. Electric hook ups are at a minimum and on a first come first served basis as are the sites where you want to camp. Our biggest disappointment this year, is that the Admiral (Pat) and her li’l helper (Dave) will be unable to attend this years Catscade for personal reasons. They will be missed sorely, cause nobody can do the Job that they have done in the past. We Love ya Dave and Pat. We will be looking for someone to fill in at the park as time gets here. Earliest that we can move into the park is Wednesday afternoon and we have to be out of there by the following Monday by noon. We are going to do our best to keep the motorhomes in a designated area, so that we do not block motorcycle traffic and the view of the lake this year. Anybody with specific questions about the campsite, please contact me directly and I will do what I can. We will not make reservations for a site for anyone! And we will not tell you if your motorhome will fit. (You have to decide that yourself). Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning, coffee and egg sandwiches will be available from 7am – 9 am, pay as you go.

The first semi – official outing will be Thursday evening for dinner. For those that want to join us, we will be eating off the menu at the “Grapevine” restaurant, within walking distance from the Days Inn.

Friday: We will be leaving the fireman’s park at 5:15 ish, to join up with the Days in group at 5:30 ish and then head on down to Franky & Johnnies’ for dinner at 6:ish. Here we will eat off the menu once again. The portions are more than adequate and prices are not outrageous. If you get there late and have to wait to be served, please be patient as they are doing their best to pump out 100+ dinners off the menu, not a buffet. If you enjoy your meal and service, please don’t forget a little gratuity for the kids. I have to live in this community….LOL
After Fridays evening meal, we will group up at the Days Inn for a short memorial for The “Black Pirate”. We want to introduce his wife Cheryl and the Children, say a few words (Ronny Alpster) and hoist a glass to honor Jerry , his family and those assembled. We will try to keep this to 20 minutes or so. After that folks disperse to wherever they feel they need to be.
Saturday: The shenanigans and BBQ dinner will start at 5 ish. Solo will be there with some of the greatest music no money can buy…LOL He really is an artist. Ronny & Stephanie Alpster will be there with their Cajun concoctions that have pleased many for a long time. Brooks BBQ will be serving our Chicken BBQ at the same time. If you are not signed up for the BBQ, I guess you don’t get to eat any of it. Pretty simple! For those staying at the park, there will be a bon fire towards evening. And from what I hear, there could be “Fright Nite Concert Sounds” coming from the far side of the pond…LOL And I believe that the Hasbrouk Tavern will be open for a little local flavor!

Sunday: We are planning a ride up to Kingston, NY for those heading on to Americade if there is enough interest. We will stop for lunch in Kingston at one of the best Chinese Buffets in this area. After lunch the Americader’s can scoot up the road to Americade, about 2 hours.

Throughout the weekend, there will be many self directed rides that anyone can join or go out on your own and do some exploring. Be sure to have clothing for cool and or wet weather, just in case.

I will post again, with info on some of the other items that might be of interest to some. If I made any mistakes in this thread, they don’t count, as I am 60+ and allowed to make mistakes. Do not forget the 3 question rule!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Thanks for the updates Bulldog.:yes1::thumbup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sorry to say, my plans got changed. I sure will miss everyone and the
good New York food this year. Yall have a good and safe time and keep me
in your thoughts.

Glenn

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
oooohhhh!!!!!! Franky and Johnnies.....

Sorry to hear that Glenn. Maybe we can find someone else to take their shirt off.;)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buster,

Say it ain't so! Meesh is terribly disappointed, as am I.

We know that sometimes, Life gets in the way of our "Wants" and "Would Like ta's".

Be safe our friend and don't be a stranger.

Dawg & Meesh

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Whine-N-Dine in Oh Nine Goings On.

Sunday: We are planning a ride up to Kingston,
Do you think it's worth mentioning that on Sunday AM there will also be a group riding down to New York to take part in the Freedom Ride to Ground Zero?

If you dont think it's worth mentioning the Freedom Ride to Ground Zero, I wont..., but if you do think it's worth mentioning, then go ahead and mention it. :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
What day is the parking lot race? Wheels should have the advantage if they reverse course this year.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Do you think it's worth mentioning that on Sunday AM there will also be a group riding down to New York to take part in the Freedom Ride to Ground Zero?

If you dont think it's worth mentioning the Freedom Ride to Ground Zero, I wont..., but if you do think it's worth mentioning, then go ahead and mention it. :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

Got more info Brian? A link?
Thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts
Glenn,

If you don't show - who's bike will I have to work on???? There goes the nieghborhood - literally. Sounds like the campers are fading fast. Byron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts