GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out, Florida has some of that white stuff!

Psych! Yes, it is sand :doorag:It could fool you at a quick glance though huh? I just didn't want all of you northerners to feel all alone :cool: I took these photos yesterday just south of Fort Walton Beach, FL. It was funny though, everyone out walking or exercising were bundled up like it was Alaska :lol: I have to admit, it was really cold at a chilly 52 degrees ;) But hey, for these guys it was probably a winter freeze :wrong:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I remember back in 87 (?) There was snow in St. Pete. So, It can Happen...

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Cool shots! I remember that place!! We had snow flurries about 6 years ago down here just outside of West Palm Beach...sometimes I miss that four-letter word, but then I remember that searing pain that LAST time I shoveled snow... :22yikes: :eek:4: :lol:

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I was in Pensacola in 1977 (I think) and it snowed like a mo-fo. People were crashing everywhere. I thought Missouri drivers sucked at driving in the snow. OK, still true, - but watching cars on snow in Florida is hilarious.

Probably not all that uncommon in Pensacola, right?

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
In 89 or 90, I was visiting my sister in Lake City, Fla around Christmas and it snowed and sleeted that night. I had to be back in Orlando the next day. I 75 had ICE on it all the way to Gainesville. A three hour drive took 8 hours. No body had chains or studded tires and were slipping and sliding all over I 75. I had an old Olds Cutless that was covered with ice and snow that made it without spinning out, just couldn't drive over 10 mph. When I got back to Orlando, everyone was looking at the car with all the snow and ice all over it. Big conservation piece.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
at 430am this morning it was shirt sleeve temp in Ft Lauderdale on my way to the airport.....to get back the the warm country of Phoenix! ;)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Are you sure thats not white sand

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
As much as I would love to send some of this :snow1::snow1:to my southern brothers, I'd hate to see the citrus growers lose anything to the freezing cold.
We're accustom to it here in the midwest, so a couple feet of snow normally isn't destructive.

If you can ride this time of year, ride safe.

If you can't like me, spring is coming....:yes1:

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Tomorrow night our temps will be below 36 degrees...who the heck left the door to the North open??????? :22yikes:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Tomorrow night our temps will be below 36 degrees...who the heck left the door to the North open??????? :22yikes:
I'm so sorry for all of you Floridian's....but is why I booked back to 79/47 in the desert (but don't tell anyone :p), Fl is NOT warm! At least by desert dweller standards.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
As much as I would love to send some of this :snow1::snow1:to my southern brothers, I'd hate to see the citrus growers lose anything to the freezing cold.
We're accustom to it here in the midwest, so a couple feet of snow normally isn't destructive.

If you can ride this time of year, ride safe.

If you can't like me, spring is coming....:yes1:

Most of the citrus is already picked, just some late season Valencia's left. It has to get in the 20s to hurt them. It suppose to get down to 30 here Wed and Thursday morning, but back up to 72 on Sat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts