GL1800Riders Forums banner

81 - 100 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Joe from FredVegas ( Fredericksburg, VA.)

Hey Winginit, Did you grow up in Midlo or just move there?? I went to Midlothian HS 79-82.
Thundercloud,

No sorry....moved to Va in 1989....I'm what ya call one of dem damn yankees.....:lol:

Mark

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello from Seattle....

Thirty-nine years ago I graduated from Mclean High School.

I spent the 60s' in the D.C. area...I think..? :joke:

Rusty

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello to all from Salem Va.Two miles from Dixie Caverns

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello All, I wish I'd seen this earlier. I'm here in sunny downtown Amelia (and lovin' every minute of it)! I'll try to keep an eye on this site , but y'all drop me a line and let me know if there's a local ride. I want to go to Domar's drive-in in Va. Beach soon, also to Wright's in Staunton, to Chap's in Baltimore, and to Lexington BarBQ #1 in Lexington NC. any of these just about any time. I don't mind being caught in the rain, but I'm not leaving when it's raining.

Peace, Love, & Brown Rice,
Joe

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hello All, I wish I'd seen this earlier. I'm here in sunny downtown Amelia (and lovin' every minute of it)! I'll try to keep an eye on this site , but y'all drop me a line and let me know if there's a local ride. I want to go to Domar's drive-in in Va. Beach soon, also to Wright's in Staunton, to Chap's in Baltimore, and to Lexington BarBQ #1 in Lexington NC. any of these just about any time. I don't mind being caught in the rain, but I'm not leaving when it's raining.

Joe
Hey Joe!

Mark here...just down the road a piece in Midlothian. We'll have to hook up & ride or B.S. some time soon...I'm laid off...so I do have some time on my hands!:thumbup:

Mark

·
Registered
125 Posts

Joe
Joe drop me a line when you want to go to Doumars. It is a 15 min trip from my house. Doumars is located in Norfolk, not far from downtown. http://www.doumars.com/

·
Registered
139 Posts
Let's ride soon

Hey Mark,
Let's get together soon and ride down to Doumar's and we'll call Mike and meet him there. Hey Mike! I have a few things scheduled Doctor appointments, a surf fishing trip towards the end of April, but I'm mostly free. Oh yea, I seem to forget I have a job that I have to go to, but if it's a sunny day most times I can plan around a day trip. Also have a wife, (Faye) she's very understanding and does not like to ride, I'll explain that over coffee or something. Mark, maybe we could meet somewhere local and shoot the breeze. I'm game to just about any place. You pick the place and we can watch the weather and decide on the day & time. I saw a titanium wing today pulling into the Honda House on Hull St. was that you??

Joe

L

·
0 Posts
Harpers Ferry, WV here... while not technically VA... I'm like a mile from the border. Lived in VA from 2001 - 2008.

Commute to Reston, VA M-F.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Harpers Ferry, WV here... while not technically VA... I'm like a mile from the border. Lived in VA from 2001 - 2008.

Commute to Reston, VA M-F.
He-l ain"t Harpers Ferry part of a Viriginia thats close enough for Government work. :agree:
Come on down give you something to do and it would be a hell of a ride.....;) Just a quick look at the map will give you some great riding roads and 297 miles, the quick way is 248 for for 50 miles difference you could see some great roads. Granted 297 is 6 hours 30 minutes and the quick way 248 is just a little over 4 hours.:eek:4: but it is the ride that counts.:yes1:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hey Mark,
Let's get together soon and ride down to Doumar's and we'll call Mike and meet him there. Hey Mike! I have a few things scheduled Doctor appointments, a surf fishing trip towards the end of April, but I'm mostly free. Oh yea, I seem to forget I have a job that I have to go to, but if it's a sunny day most times I can plan around a day trip. Also have a wife, (Faye) she's very understanding and does not like to ride, I'll explain that over coffee or something. Mark, maybe we could meet somewhere local and shoot the breeze. I'm game to just about any place. You pick the place and we can watch the weather and decide on the day & time. I saw a titanium wing today pulling into the Honda House on Hull St. was that you??

Joe
Yeah Joe that was me....I was picking up some stuff & BSing with the fellas! You should have stopped in! My next 2 weeks are full no riding for me:cry:.....Family stuff!:thumbup:

Mark

·
Registered
44 Posts
Been in VA since 2006. Will be leaving for San Diego in June. Plan on riding the Wing across country. Wohoo!!! Any advice on particularly good routes? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Been in VA since 2006. Will be leaving for San Diego in June. Plan on riding the Wing across country. Wohoo!!! Any advice on particularly good routes? Thanks.

West

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have really thought about this question of yours. It seems to me that you have a couple major choices before anyone can give you a great answer. Do you want to go by superslap? Go by superslap but get off to see things so what would be fun to see?

Or do you want a combination of superslap to save time and other roads?

Now as a recommendation without knowing your time limits, I think I would pick a road such as US Rt 2 across the northern US or perhaps US 50 from Ocean City MD to I think Sacremento, CA.

But given your location, my choice would be US RT 60 where it ends/starts there in VA Beach and follow it west till it ends, I think somewhere in AZ. You will have some fantastic roads in VA across the mountains as well as in WV. Just be careful when you leave Lexington to take the old road as VDOT has routed Rt 60 up on I-64. But you can still use the old road. From Amherst, VA to Charleston, VA this is a very fun ride. Just remember that the coal trucks will try to run with you and they do know what they are doing, except that they use the entire road not just their lane.

It will take longer than interstate but you will also see a lot more.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Harvey,,,

You up for a ride today?

Mark

·
Registered
725 Posts

Take Route 50 all the way:congrats:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Sounds Good to me.
757-237-0848 ;)

81 - 100 of 154 Posts