GL1800Riders Forums banner

Who else from VA is here??

20K views 153 replies 80 participants last post by  Oldbike-er 
#1 ·
Blondie from Woodbridge wavin' Hello to ya' all :-D

Who else from VA is here???

#112 ·
Mark,

I am also still here! Yes we need to have a get together. Perhaps a lunch somewhere! Perhaps the first Saturday in December( the 1st). Now to pick a place say about 1230 or 1300(100PM). Just throwing out ideas!

Not sure if we should look north or west of Richmond, just thinking!

#113 ·
You know me - I'll ride anywhere food is involved. I'll just say Sundays work best for me, but you guys plan for yourselves. Byron

#114 ·
Hey Harvey & Byron! How have you guy's been?

I just might be in for a ride on the first. Byron, Sunday is out for me, the wife is running in a race that day!

Harvey, were you on 288 on I think it was Saturday the 17th? I think I saw you heading towards 64.

Mark

#115 ·
Hello Neighbors,

I tried hard to get people to come out last May but noone came except my 2 best friends and riding buddies who both ride 1800's. We had a great time riding in the mountians that weekend and were disappointed that there was not more interest from anyone. It was a picture perfect spring weekend too. There were many enthusiastic responses early on but as the date got closer noone else was in. I am from Chesapeake and mainly ride with one friend who lives here and the other who lives in Manassas. We meet up and adventure out to the mountains often and also ride in every direction for more local rides. I used to live in Richmond and also spent 5 years in good ole Goochland. Man I miss living there. I would love to meet and ride with others in Virginia. With winter upon us maybe now is the time to organize a Virginia rally of some sort for this year. I always thought it would be a great time as we have so many riders out there within a relatively small radius and of course some of the best riding anywhere. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!...Take care, Joe

#116 ·
Hopefully, I'll be retiring in June so that should leave me more free time to get some riding in. I'm a cold weather rider as I never had much tolerance for the heat. As long as the roads are clear and dry, I ride through the winter when time allows.

#117 ·
Hopefully, I'll be retiring in June so that should leave me more free time to get some riding in. I'm a cold weather rider as I never had much tolerance for the heat. As long as the roads are clear and dry, I ride through the winter when time allows.
I am with you there as far as the heat goes. I would much rather ride during the colder weather than in the humidity of Virginia summers. We always try to take a few long weekend rides to the mountains in the spring and then take a week trip somewhere in the fall sandwiched around another weekend trip or more if possible. I always try to wear protective clothing and it feels good to put it on in colder weather. When it is hot my bike often sits in the cool garage. I am up for a ride anytime as long as it is not snowing. I am working my way towards retirement and see the light at the end ot the tunnel though I have a couple years left. Congrats on yours. That must be a great feeling.

#118 ·
Mark,

Any ideas on a place for lunch on the 1st of December? I am a little limited on time as I have to be in the west end of Richmond by 1730hrs and the rest of the evening is tied up with watchihng UR play Wake Forest in basketball. The wife and I will probably have to travel by car to make it.

I have been thinking for some time about a get together for a few days near Bedford, VA in the spring. We could have the DDMemorial as a sort of centerpiece and then some rides from the area. I guessing maybe early April and perhaps a few days to enjoy the rides in the area. Does anyone know offhand if the Peaks of Otter restaurant will be serving lunch then? Last I heard the vendor lost his license. Right now this is just an idea being thrown out! I really am not looking to schedule this during schools spring break as they vary by locality. Anybody interested?

#119 ·
Hello Neighbors,

I tried hard to get people to come out last May but noone came except my 2 best friends and riding buddies who both ride 1800's. We had a great time riding in the mountians that weekend and were disappointed that there was not more interest from anyone. It was a picture perfect spring weekend too. There were many enthusiastic responses early on but as the date got closer noone else was in. I am from Chesapeake and mainly ride with one friend who lives here and the other who lives in Manassas. We meet up and adventure out to the mountains often and also ride in every direction for more local rides. I used to live in Richmond and also spent 5 years in good ole Goochland. Man I miss living there. I would love to meet and ride with others in Virginia. With winter upon us maybe now is the time to organize a Virginia rally of some sort for this year. I always thought it would be a great time as we have so many riders out there within a relatively small radius and of course some of the best riding anywhere. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!...Take care, Joe
I tried hard to pull it off since it was close by for me. But that's hay season for me. And you know the old saying - about making hay while the sun shines!!

#120 ·
Well as far as I know there will be no meet to eat tomorrow, December 1st as no one really suggested a place to meet. And since no one named a location I now have been presented with an alternative activity that will get my attention.

Sorry we could not put something together!

I will be watching for future plans,
harvey

#121 ·
Well as far as I know there will be no meet to eat tomorrow, December 1st as no one really suggested a place to meet. And since no one named a location I now have been presented with an alternative activity that will get my attention.

Sorry we could not put something together!

I will be watching for future plans,
harvey
Harvey,

Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner. It's been a bit crazy with my schedule lately. And as luck would have it, I am free tomorrow, lol. I still have to give Jay in Fork Union a call to meet up for a cup of coffee. He's just down the road from me.

#122 ·
We got busy here, & haven't been online, I had to purchase a new truck & picked it up last night.

Harvey, The way I read your post was that you were limited on time for today. I figured another day would be better for everyone.

We will hook up & ride again, I'm sure!

Mark

#123 ·
Mark,

Congrats on the new Truck! that is always fun! except for paying for it!

I wasn't really short on time I just had to arrange to be back in time to be at the game by 1800. Probably meant I would have attended in a car rather than the bike to be able to go straight to the game.

But it is okay, I am sure my wife will fill the time for me!

#126 ·
I've since relocated ...

Morning all -

I just wanted to drop a note in here to say that, thanks to an awesome job opportunity for me, within my current employer, I've relocated to greater Las Vegas, NV.

Cheers // Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.