GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have one then you know what a fiddy is.

If not, it's a Honda NR/CRF50F Dirt Bike.

I am curious who else has one of these lil guys and what you have done both to and with it?

I have mine to have slow speed fun and train the young'en.

Anyway - here's what I have. Sorry for the poor picture

2004 Honda CRF50F w/
Takegawa 88 Big Bore Kit
Takegawa Racing Head
50 Stunt: Rear Pegs, Main Pegs w/sliders, Handbrake
Two Brothers Racing: Exhaust, Brake Pedal, Top Triple Tree clamp
MX Tall Bars
Ishock 10.5" rear shock
Air horn
Bicycle style headlight
9/11 Theme / Graphics

Not on bike yet:
35mm Front end
MX +4 Swing Arm
Disc Brakes (front & rear)
12" Gold rims w/heavy duty spokes

·
Banned
939 Posts
start um young!

You have to teach those wheelie skills young DJ and it never hurts um to fall down a few times in the process.

Ever have one of these monsters. I have a line on one and might just buy it. No wheelie potential unfortunately but my nephew will be able to conquer the mountain on two wheels before he is 10 on one of these even if he is only going 5mph.

I might have to mod the pegs and bars a bit for him and build some no way the limbs can get in the chain guard as well as some sort of crash bar set up so when he falls he will not get squashed like a bug.
But I think once he gets the hang of the motorized physics and his friction zone (LOL) it should be an off the hook ride for him until I convince his mother he is ready for something we can’t keep up with on foot.

I think I will send out my dog to keep an eye on him as he gets the feel for it and his confidence up.:thumbup:

Then I will give pointers walking beside him if I tweak and govern it enough to keep it under 1 MPH. I should hopefully be able to keep up.:?

He is sure gonna show those MSF Instructor boys a thing or two when he is ready for the street license test.(LOL) But we will make sure he can ride the course on one wheel by then. If I can convince his mom that low speed control is everything and there is good money to be made in trick riding. Plus i always wanted to take up a new hobby...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
imprinting

funny ; started my two boys riding the gas tank in diapers. Now the grandson is ripping it up on a kawi 100 and yes the apple fell right next to the tree.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Don't have a 50 myself but do have a 100. I race it with GAMRA/SEMRA and will be doing a WERA mini race later this month.

The mini bikes are a blast and a cheap entry into road racing. Well sort of cheap, I've dumped more money than I care to admit into my 100 getting it more race worthy.

·
Banned
939 Posts
Link not working...

Action strats at 2:50 with the front wheel climbing a tree. first part is brief walk around and history of the bike.

This is a pretty tame rokon video but is a good intro for those that have never seen one. Google on for more adventures and "dangerious" ideas...:eek:

We don't need no stinking 4wheels for anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKUKhYwS-s8

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
This is my daugher with the CRF80 they got from Santa one year.

These small bikes are a lot of fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts