GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I have a "so called" 2 car garage and for a long while, squeezing my car and Goldwing in the garage while Tailwind trailer and 2005 Suzuki M50 Boulevard was stuck out in the back yard hiding under some form of cover. There was no room in the garage to the point that no overweight person would be able to get into the left side of the car when in the garage. When I got a 2018 "ST-1800", I was not going to put a brand new bike in the back yard; so the car was evicted in favor of the 3 bikes and Tailwind. That still filled up the so called 2 car garage. Excuse the messy garage.... It is really too small. The Tailwind is in front of the M50 and ST-1800. I have not decided where I want the generator to stay when not in use, but I want it someplace easy to move and hook up because I live in "expect the power to go off for no flippin reason at any time" CA. When 2035 gets closer and CA evicts me; I would possibly tell my realtor in what-ever state I move to that I want a 4, maybe 3 car garage with an attached house.....

·
Registered
639 Posts
We have a two car attached that we purchased new in 2000. No car or truck as ever been in it and this is in Alaska. Currently it holds two Wings, two 650 dual sports, RAH camper, outboard motors and sometimes a Skidoo, snowblower, powerwasher and mower.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I think the U.S. Codes need to be updated for a few things, the size of cars and the size of people... No 2-car garage holds 2 actual cars, and ten people in a boat or elevator rated for ten people usually feels like too many.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My one car garage has had 2 cars in it, for a total of 4 hours for repairs. It currently has my Wing, my V-Star and my Kubota....oh....and my wife's stuff.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Going through some old pictures, I found this.
It seems these days, a lot of people, including us, have too much stuff in their garage to put their car in.
As the story goes, when my wife and I got married 12 years ago, between us we had 7 motorcycles.
This picture was taken back in 2016 when we were down to 4 motorcycles.
Now we are getting older and we just don't have the time to ride all the bikes and are just down to one each, but still can't fit a car in the garage.
I rode the 05 Goldwing and the 2014 Ultra Limited, and my wife rode the 07 Suzuki Burgman, and she also had a 2005 Harley Heritage Softail that was converted into a Champion trike.
Oh, and the stain on the concrete below the Harley was there when we bought the house. :) I know what you guys are thinking!
View attachment 374689
I see "one" long distance bike and "three" local riding bikes......!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a two car attached, 22x20. Makes little sense to me, as the house was built in '74, when most cars were close to 20' long. I have been able to jam the Wing up against the inner wall on the center stand, back my car into the garage for the winter, leaving just a couple of inches between the Wing left mirror and passenger side of car. If I backed in too far, the mirrors would hit each other.

I live in a snowy northern climate, so I like to put my car in the garage in the winter to avoid brushing and scraping about 50 mornings between November and April.

Now that I have the Spyder, I do not think my plan will work until I acquire more space (in the works). Wife's car goes in the other side.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
26x26 detatched garage always has the wife's car in it and usually one of the other (5) vehicles unless it's shop time, then one stall is the work area. Obviously some of the vehicles stay outside, unfortunately.
IMG_20190412_100004355.jpg
IMG_1782.JPG
IMG_1910.JPG
Storage shed/building is 24x56, plus 10' roof extensions for 36' on both side. Camper, snowmobiles, boat are under a roof half the year, inside the other half as per the seasonal needs. The Wing is always inside in her stall with a nice clean floor.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wifes WRX, my Highlander, wife's Vulcan 900 and my Wing, all park inside with the workbench, toolboxes, mower and lawn tools, 2 bicycles, fridge, freezer, shoe rack and other assorted stuff. All inside, all needed ,and all used regularly. I do bring the snowblower up from the basement in November as an insurance policy. I only usually need it when I forget and leave it in the basement!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I kept a car and a truck in the garage along with my ST1300 until two weeks ago when I bought a GL1800 and trailer. Now, my truck won't fit but the garage looks great with two beautiful bikes.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
I have a car, truck, 2006 GoldWing, 2017 GoldWing and a Bunkhouse camper in my garage. It's tight but it works. :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
26x26 detatched garage always has the wife's car in it and usually one of the other (5) vehicles unless it's shop time, then one stall is the work area. Obviously some of the vehicles stay outside, unfortunately. View attachment 374758 View attachment 374759 View attachment 374760 Storage shed/building is 24x56, plus 10' roof extensions for 36' on both side. Camper, snowmobiles, boat are under a roof half the year, inside the other half as per the seasonal needs. The Wing is always inside in her stall with a nice clean floor.
Nice! What's all that white stuff covering the ground? I haven't seen a snowmobile in over 50 years.

·
IronMan
17,453 Posts
YA MEAN MY ATTACHED "STORAGE SHED" ! :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Me and the wife in Old Forge, NY on our near-matching 1200 GSX 4-Tec's. I miss those sleds...

Reactions: VStarRider
21 - 40 of 55 Posts