·
Registered
243 Posts
Pete's Peak. Was up there in February.

Reactions: tamathumper

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Nice! What's all that white stuff covering the ground? I haven't seen a snowmobile in over 50 years.
The white fluffy stuff is what drives so many to southern states, I guess. Myself, I love the snow but the cold is getting less enjoyable as I get older.
Anyways, the sleds are my alternate "rides" 3-4 months out of the year.
Come up sometime and we can get you reacquainted with a modern snowmobile. They are amazing!
Not visible in the shed/building are four other "vintage" sleds. A couple are useable and fun on occasion, the other two are just for nostalgia. Soon the sleds go out into the lean-to building and the boat comes inside until spring.

·
Registered
435 Posts
We moved to Payson, AZ from NoDak after spending most of our lives there and with all my neck and back surgeries the cold was just tearing me up in the winters so we moved south. When looking for a house here the first thing i needed was a big garage and we looked hard. Nothing available so we ended up buying a lot and building a house with a darn good sized garage as i don't let vehicles or toys sit outside. Our 2 enclosed trailers sit outside alongside our garage inside a fence and if needed i can store some things in them also.
I always laughed at garages that were full of junk and their vehicles always sat outside in the elements. Never made sense to me as most of the time they never used the junk in the garage anyways.
Toured a few garages down here when looking that were full of junk and if put on a rummage sale they wouldn't have gotten 200 bucks for the whole kit and kaboodle. Just would shake my head.
Never have enough garage space.

Reactions: CAWing and DocD

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
My trike, bike and car barely fits, but then again, I don't have a shop in my garage...just storage....

I do have to be paying attention when pulling in or out with the car though, but worth it to keep the car under cover in the Florida weather.

IMG_0102.jpg

Reactions: jtdunc

·
Registered
243 Posts
The white fluffy stuff is what drives so many to southern states, I guess. Myself, I love the snow but the cold is getting less enjoyable as I get older.
Anyways, the sleds are my alternate "rides" 3-4 months out of the year.
Come up sometime and we can get you reacquainted with a modern snowmobile. They are amazing!
Not visible in the shed/building are four other "vintage" sleds. A couple are useable and fun on occasion, the other two are just for nostalgia. Soon the sleds go out into the lean-to building and the boat comes inside until spring.
Two Januarys ago, I rode one of my sleds up north in the morning, and came home and took the bike for a ride in the afternoon.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yes of course. This was from our older house, yet we could put all those vehicles (bicycles, lawn mower, trash cans, etc.). This was the only time in my life, although only for a couple weeks that we even had two motorcycles. We have since moved where we have a three car garage, traded the MPV for a Highlander, but still have the same Goldwing a decade later. We could hold a dance and yet not move any vehicles. Great organization!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I’m gonna try and park my Spyder close to the wall, pointing towards the back of the garage close to the entry door of the house ... GW along the wall behind it ... and see if I can get my car in the space left over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
905 Posts
There is room in our two car garage for a Miata, two motorcycles, a scooter, bicycles, lawn equipment. It's tight and I have to move a motorcycle to get the lawn mower in and out but otherwise the motorcycles and car are free to come and go as I please. I dislike having to move something to get to something else.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
We moved to Payson, AZ from NoDak after spending most of our lives there and with all my neck and back surgeries the cold was just tearing me up in the winters so we moved south. When looking for a house here the first thing i needed was a big garage and we looked hard. Nothing available so we ended up buying a lot and building a house with a darn good sized garage as i don't let vehicles or toys sit outside. Our 2 enclosed trailers sit outside alongside our garage inside a fence and if needed i can store some things in them also.
I always laughed at garages that were full of junk and their vehicles always sat outside in the elements. Never made sense to me as most of the time they never used the junk in the garage anyways.
Toured a few garages down here when looking that were full of junk and if put on a rummage sale they wouldn't have gotten 200 bucks for the whole kit and kaboodle. Just would shake my head.
Never have enough garage space.
BrokenBackJack,
Well, we were in the same boat, so to speak. Only, we moved from CA to Lake Havasu City. Not as far of a move as you did but, we did it. And, like you, we wanted a garage to keep EVERYTHING in. We too value what we own and, to let all of it sit out in the elements and keep a bunch of JUNK in the garage, has never happened, and never will. My garage is my Kingdom. My only regret or wish, would be to have A LARGER ONE!
Scott

Attachments

Reactions: BrokenBackJack

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've got a two car garage and can fit my Dodge Durango plus my Goldwing and my Honda scooter. The Subaru Outback sits outside in the elements. When I just owned one smallish motorcycle, a Triumph America, I could squeeze it into the garage while I had both cars inside as well. But that meant moving a car out everytime I wanted to ride the bike, so after awhile the Outback was just left outside all the time. We have to set our priorities!

·
Registered
435 Posts
BrokenBackJack,
Well, we were in the same boat, so to speak. Only, we moved from CA to Lake Havasu City. Not as far of a move as you did but, we did it. And, like you, we wanted a garage to keep EVERYTHING in. We too value what we own and, to let all of it sit out in the elements and keep a bunch of JUNK in the garage, has never happened, and never will. My garage is my Kingdom. My only regret or wish, would be to have A LARGER ONE!
Scott
Scott,
That looks very nice!
Never been over there yet but someday we are going to make a drive over to see the area. Heard it is very nice there.
John

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Love this thread, like many of you my garage is my sanctuary. My home garage has never housed my daily drivers. Between motorcycles, SxS, ATV, and classic cars there just isn't any room.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts