GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering who has the most mileage on there bike or knows someone who has the most mileage. What kind of distance can these Goldwings go? I have a 2008 GL and I am planning to go 20k to 30k per year. I wonder how many years will I get out of her. The bike currently has 8000 miles. When I purchased this bike my wife was scared and worried of riding. Now after a trip to Bryce Canyon, Zions National Park and the Grand Canyon, she is planning and mapping out our next trip. I think she is addicted now and wants to travel the whole United States. Airglider:cool:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Bought my 2004 Black Goldwing on March 17' 2004. To date I have put 227,065 miles on her and plan many more. I have taken care of her and she has taken me on many a fine mile.

Wish you the same

Donnie

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
07 Wing

I have a little over 123,300 on my 07 wing and have only had to replace the front wheel bearings.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I know I can't quite compare with the prior posts..... but I do have an 09 that I can only ride 4 months a year and I have managed to put on over 30,000
(s)miles on it!:p

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I would if you want a trouble free and reliable bike .......of course there are no guarantees on anything. But the most common failures that will put you down for a day or two are the alternator and maybe the rear drive and or drive shaft.

Other things can happen, but with good maintenance they should be at a minimum, and something like a connector or electrical problem can occur at any time. 99 percent of problems on any motorcycle are electrical of some nature.

So my game plan what I do and will do.

Install a new alternator every 80K.....just cause.

Pick up a rear drive and shaft from a trike take off and install each 100K.

Do all the required maintenance.

I have seen a bike with over 300K on it, it has had one rear drive and shaft change out, and is on its third alternator. And it got rear ended once and had to have some tupperware replaced.

They will go a long time, if properly taken care of.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I guess 66,000 on my 03 means I ain't close then!:shrug:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Board member Cycledude in Wisconsin has over 300k. Many over 200k, including mine at 203k. One alternator at 130k and a pre-emptive final drive swap just before 200k because they're so cheap.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
456,722 miles in four months while working a full time job and taking a 6 month tour of 57 states. Ooops...thought I was Chuck211 there for a minute.

Anybody heard from him lately?

·
Canuck
2,843 Posts
456,722 miles in four months while working a full time job and taking a 6 month tour of 57 states. Ooops...thought I was Chuck211 there for a minute.
Good one!!!:thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts

Word on the street is he's opening a internet Cupcake business with instant email reply,and a Skype hook up if you want to watch him bake your order too.:thumbup:

Beat that donutboy.:joke:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
:rolleyes:
Word on the street is he's opening a internet Cupcake business with instant email reply,and a Skype hook up if you want to watch him bake your order too.:thumbup:

Beat that donutboy.:joke:
Don't matter. I've already moved on to greener pastures. Gonna sell monogrammed whining towels with the GL1800Riders logo. (personalized with a trademarked "AZZHAT" emblem for a small additional fee.) How many you want?

AND..

Thats..Donut MAN, to you, thank you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
902 Posts
CHUCK does not come around much (who would blame him). Sure he had alot of wild storys but i like listen to them anyway.Where ever he may be he probley has more mile on his bike than alot of others here. MY self i have a whole 26k on a 05 on the wing. On the other bikeS i have thats a different story.

P

·
0 Posts

OMG - That is the funniest thing I've read here in months. The only thing you forgot was to make the TEXT BIG so its really true!:thumbup:

·
Registered
559 Posts
My "new" 2005 has less than 12,000 miles on it. I've got a lot of catching up to do !!!!:biker:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
My bad-I had you confused with this chap.Could there be twins---Nawwww
Understandable mistake. Thats my cousin the....Xpolitician. Got his pockets fully lined and retired early. (easy to tell the difference, he has a plate of COOKIES...not donuts)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
CHUCK does not come around much (who would blame him). Sure he had alot of wild storys but i like listen to them anyway.Where ever he may be he probley has more mile on his bike than alot of others here. MY self i have a whole 26k on a 05 on the wing. On the other bikeS i have thats a different story.
Yeah, just playing about good 'ol Chuck. He had some good stories, was entertaining and...always consistent.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts