GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions. When you mark the plate with the quarter to make the cut, is it laying the way it is on the bike or is it reversed? Second has anyone used both the MBL and the V&P risers together? I have them installed except for the button up and would gladly accept all advise. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Jimmie, I didn 't cut mine. I used two spacers made from a bic-like pen that was sturdier. I cut them 3/4" long and got longer screws. The cover will just barely hit at full lock, but looks better. :lol:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that option and I am considering it at well. I would rather not have to make a cut if I don't have to. I have seem them done with the cut method aand they look nice as wel. Important thing is they are comfy from what I can tell so far. Please give me some help if you have made the cut.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Jimmie,

I've got both on mine. I just left the plate off as the risers slightly scrape the underside without the plate when I lock the bars. I don't mind the look, but I know your whole dash is a work of art so it might be important to hide the silver. Someone said they just painted the silver black and it looked great.

Dan

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Did 2 of them

We left the plate off both the bike & trike. We think it looks better with them off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jimmie said:
I have two questions. When you mark the plate with the quarter to make the cut, is it laying the way it is on the bike or is it reversed? Second has anyone used both the MBL and the V&P risers together? I have them installed except for the button up and would gladly accept all advise. Thanks in advance.
I've not tried using both risers, but I'd suspect that you may need to leave that plate off entirely with both. If you decide to cut, feel free to give me a call, you can use my saw. Cutting that plate just takes a few seconds with a band saw, it's a pain by hand. A dremel tool works, but it's slow.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help fellas, I used the dremmel and it came out ok. Makes a big comfy difference. Wish I would of got them sooner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts