GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just though I would start a thread for Hoosiers to discuss riding together to some of this summer's get togethers all over the country. For example:

We, Marian & I, are leaving on Friday morning to go to Rogers, AR. Anybody else going and leaving on Friday? Want to meet somewhere and ride over together?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Our plans

Our first trip of the year will be to ride over to Neihaus Cycle for their 3 day rally/show/sale and then up to Rock Island Arsenal for the Memorial ceremony at the National Cemetary located on the island. We are planning several day trips around the state, a couple up to the Culver area and some over around the Ft Wayne area. Susie and I are hopefully going to be able to go down to Gatlinburg for a weekend and over to St Louis for a couple of ball games. We've got the book of local rides of some significant distance that I'm going to transcribe and place here on the website for everyone's use. I'm also planning on going up to Mooreville for BBQ at Squealer's. Yummy!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I'm planning on going to Neihaus App Days too. Was going to go last year but that weather got crazy. Went the year before. We we're planning on going to the Smokey Mtn Ride in, however, wife just got a new job with limited vacation for the first year so that had get go.

Jay, have a safe & wonderful trip.

Dan

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our first trip of the year will be to ride over to Neihaus Cycle for their 3 day rally/show/sale and then up to Rock Island Arsenal for the Memorial ceremony at the National Cemetary located on the island. We are planning several day trips around the state, a couple up to the Culver area and some over around the Ft Wayne area. Susie and I are hopefully going to be able to go down to Gatlinburg for a weekend and over to St Louis for a couple of ball games. We've got the book of local rides of some significant distance that I'm going to transcribe and place here on the website for everyone's use. I'm also planning on going up to Mooreville for BBQ at Squealer's. Yummy!
I am leaving for Gatlinburg on the 28th of this month. An all guy ride for a week. We do it every year and have a great time.

I'm planning on going to Neihaus App Days too. Was going to go last year but that weather got crazy. Went the year before. We we're planning on going to the Smokey Mtn Ride in, however, wife just got a new job with limited vacation for the first year so that had get go.

Jay, have a safe & wonderful trip.

Dan
Thanks. I'm sure it's going to be a great time. You all be safe too.

·
Registered
262 Posts
:agree:We LOVE Squealer's in Mooresville!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
For anyone that is going over to Litchfield for Neihaus Appreciation Days, we are planning on leaving at daybreak on the 15th of May, from Odon (sw central Indiana Daviess Co.) to drive to Litchfield. We have to continue our trip from there up to the Quad Cities for a Memorial Celebration at the Civil War cemetary located on Rock Island, so we won't be heading back to IN until Sunday. If any would like to meet up and ride together, that is fine with us. We will be riding up the Great River Road to get to the Quad Cities after we get done at Litchfield.

We will more than likely be eating at the Iowa Machine Shed in Davenport, Iowa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts