GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So who is going to the Smoky Mountain gathering in June from this wonderful State ??

I have the wife on the fence for going. Catch is, I will have to trailer up as she hates long rides...

If you are going, when do you plan on leaving? I still work, so I am thinking of leaving Wednesday to get up there Thursday. Enjoy the rides Friday, Saturday, dinner Saturday with all, then head back Sunday, to get back in Florida Monday...

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
I wont be riding up to the Smokey Mountains, but I will definitely be riding DOWN..., from Niagara Falls... ;)

We'll be getting there (lucky me got a room at the Ridge Top) on Thursday and heading back north on the Monday morning.

-

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL :eek:4: Looks like train would take me 530 miles North of where I want to go. I can ride 560 miles straight there from Florida. My 7 years in High School tells me the train is not the way to go...:cool:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Catch is, I will have to trailer up as she hates long rides...
Trailer up? Long rides? For 530 miles?

Here is an idea. Why not ride to Atlanta and spend the night and then go the rest of the way the next day? If not Atlanta, maybe Macon? Take two days to go up and two days back. Find a Microtel to say some dough.

I'm probably going to make a week out of it. I'll leave JAX Monday morning and head to Atlanta to visit friends for a couple of days then on Wednesday, head on up to Bryson City. I'll leave Early Sunday morning for the tip back to JAX.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Here is an idea. Why not ride to Atlanta and spend the night and then go the rest of the way the next day? If not Atlanta, maybe Macon? Take two days to go up and two days back. Find a Microtel to say some dough.
We'll be doing something similar..., 2 days from Niagara Falls..., 780 miles. Make the first day a bit longer..., maybe Beckley..., then a shorter day the second day to get to Bryson City around lunch time.

-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts