GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used '07 CSC trike with chrome strip light bar on rear with 9 LED pods with 4 LED's per pod. The chrome is looking bad on the pods so I sent pics to CSC. They claim this is not made or sold by CSC. I thought this was a CSC option. Who is the vendor for this?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Please show us the rear of your trike.

I thought I remember the CSC optional bar to be more prominant across the rear. Is it possible you have just the standard chrome strip and your dealer added those lite pods to the chrome strip. altering the chrome strip would surely remove your warrenty on the strip.

Just wondering...!!! :shrug:

:doorag:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solved maybe.

Bingo! I would bet you are right. It does look like a standard chrome strip. Sure has poor chrome on the pods. I will inquire with dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Bingo! I would bet you are right. It does look like a standard chrome strip. Sure has poor chrome on the pods. I will inquire with dealer. Thanks.

I say this becasue my dealer, as part of the deal, installed ten pods (five on each side) on my chrome strip back in late Feb '05. I supplied the pods, and the tech installed them for free.

Meanwhile CSC came out with a "high dollar" bar for the back in addition to the chrome strip. I guess I have been lucky, my strip still looks good.

:doorag: :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

Hello Indytriker.

Something just came to mind about those four-light LED pods.

If you choose to replace them, they are available at a good Truck Accessories Center. Look on their light display wall for some very bright ones. Keep in mind not all LED lights are created equal, so make sure you replace the pods with all the same brand and style.

This will insure the same brightness across the rear of the trike. Good luck.....!!!

:doorag:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Beastie, what do I ask for from EC?
How do they go on, stick on or in a hole?
I have been looking for something, but I'm afraid to make it look tacky. Thanks a lot, Roy

BTW, The only CSC lightbar I know of must be ordered with the trike kit as it is made as part of the body. I think it cost like $750 or so.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The CSC light bar can be installed later, also I think Honda of Cool Springs is marketing a chrome replacement strip with LEDs built in

G

·
Beastie, what do I ask for from EC?
How do they go on, stick on or in a hole?
I have been looking for something, but I'm afraid to make it look tacky. Thanks a lot, Roy

BTW, The only CSC lightbar I know of must be ordered with the trike kit as it is made as part of the body. I think it cost like $750 or so.
Here are the lights I used. They were $7.95 each
http://www.electricalconnection.com/other-lighting/led_courtesy1.htm

But yes, you can order the Cobra light bar and add it later, but it IS expensive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is also brake light.

Mine is running lights with dropping resistor to drop voltage to led's then brake wire is full voltage. Dual purpose.
Figured it all out. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts