GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have made up our minds to buy a 2012 GL1800. Local dealers wants full list price and has one ABS in stock. A dealer 2 hours away will order one and give a good price, but won't take my trade. Another can't even agree to order me a base model--even when I tell him I don't mind waiting.

What gives?

Is this normal or earth quake related?

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
My wife and I have made up our minds to buy a 2012 GL1800. Local dealers wants full list price and has one ABS in stock. A dealer 2 hours away will order one and give a good price, but won't take my trade. Another can't even agree to order me a base model--even when I tell him I don't mind waiting.

What gives?

Is this normal or earth quake related?
Cruise, not sure where you are located as the foothills of the Blue Ridge covers quite an area but have you tried Shenandoah Honda in Winchester, VA?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Yes it is normal in my experience. When I bought mine I contacted at least 8 places online through the Honda site. Most ignored me, some gave me one short response but wouldn't answer my questions. One did respond but was acting like they were going to call the shots - I was the one writing the check so I wanted to play it my way. One actually worked with me and answered all my questions and so I went to them. They are a couple towns away but it's nice ride and I give them my business as much as possible. Going there in a couple weeks for some scheduled service. It's Adventure Cycle & Sled in Dillon, MT.

So just search around until you find a good dealer. They are out there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wanted one with ABS. None of the local dealers thought they could get me one before August. I called Southern in Chattanooga, but they didn't have one either. So I called the guy who sold me my last ST1100 at Honda of Cool Springs in Franklin, Tennessee. He fixed me up with exactly what I wanted.

I got a good deal on the trade-in and the price was reasonable. The Honda financing was reasonable also. I'm glad I did not wait for one to show up locally. This is the best bike I've ever ridden. The last Gold Wing I had was a '77.

There are a few ABS bikes out there. You just have to call around. It helps to have good business relationships with several dealers.

I think supply will catch up with demand just about the same time the weather gets bad up north. Sometime around November.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts