GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my Frogg Togs for something of a better quality and longer lasting. I know Harley Davidson makes some good gear but unfortunately they insist on plastering their name all over it. Can anyone suggest a good quality rainsuit that will not completely bust the bank?
Thanks
Reg

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've been hearing a lot of good things about "Frog Togs" and have been looking over the Road Toad model... haven't purchased yet. Prices are in the $50 range for most of their line.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have Vega Rain Gear and it keep me very dry. We road 10 hours through Tropical Storm Lee this year and all I had was a little wet around my collar.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Cabela's Pac-lite, gortex rain pants and jacket. The best I have ever had and packs into a very small package!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Its Frogg Toggs for me. We have had ours 10 years and still going strong.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I did have a Tour Master Elite rains suit. I tried to sell it for a few dollars just to get rid of it and no one wanted it, I even tried to give it away and there were no takers. I would say it was great if you worked on a fishing boat.
Couldn't wait to switch to Frogg Toggs, much lighter and I stay dryer from both the rain and sweating.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I have the frogg toggs, but ours are the Horny Toads they have a coating on the outside, zipper up to the knees, and a wide reflective strip down the side of the pant leg.They were also over a $100 a pair.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
1st Gear for me:thumbup:
all the wet folks we meet @ Americade are wearing Froggs Toggs :tongue::lol::lol::shrug:

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Road Toad

I've got the Road Toad by Frog Toggs, works well for me. Raining, my bike seat was full of water, wiped the excess out with my hand and sat down. Didn't get wet, and they roll up nice and fit in the back cubby part of the saddle bag. Have a reflective stripe also.

http://froggtoggsoutlet.com/frtorotoremo.html

·
Banned
939 Posts
3422945_f520.jpg

If you really, really need rain gear that will take you over the rainbow and not just the next 30 miles to a motel.

Get a pair of oversized bibs and an oversized jacket that will fit over your riding gear and plow through the fronts with a wicked grin on your face.

These kind!

image_67312.jpg

hh10pg31-VitoriaJacket74005.jpg

Ask yourself if you really need rain gear? If you "need" it to keep dry, just what are you really talking about?

Oh yeah "saftey first" never, nev, nev, NEVER! stop under an ovrerpass on the slab in a downpour to put on rain gear!

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Huh??

Oh yeah "saftey first" never, nev, nev, NEVER! stop under an ovrerpass on the slab in a downpour to put on rain gear!
HUH? Do you recommend stopping out on the highway and putting on rain gear vs. using an underpass?

I'm missing something here - let me think about it for a moment. Hmmm, stop out on the side of the highway, low visibility, pouring rain and put on my rain suit, or.... go underneath an overpass, go to the far edge near the outlet of the underpass where it is relatively dry and drivers have an area of clear visibility to see my ass at the side of the road putting on my rain suit.

I think I'll take door number two for the "Save my Life" selection.

Of course, putting the gear on before you actually need it is always a nice option also.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Save your money and buy a new pair of the Road Toads from Frogg Toggs! Even comes in hi-viz if thats your bag!
Just sayin'!:yes1:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I've got the Road Toad by Frog Toggs, works well for me. Raining, my bike seat was full of water, wiped the excess out with my hand and sat down. Didn't get wet, and they roll up nice and fit in the back cubby part of the saddle bag. Have a reflective stripe also.

http://froggtoggsoutlet.com/frtorotoremo.html
I have the "old style" frog toggs, like them, but a real pain to get over the riding boots/shoes. Maybe the Road Toads work better....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts