GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is looking for a Gold Wing trike and I know he would like to have a nice one. I'm still two wheelin an '04 Wing. I'm sure all trike manufaturers are not created equal. Who makes the best trike? :)

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Man, that's like asking who makes the best tire, oil, helmet, headsets Etc.....

You going to get a ton of answers, and everyone responding will say that his (hers) is the best... :yes:

Best advice is, have your friend go out and ride all the different brands they can and make the choice that's right for them....a lot of factors will come into play, ride, handling, cost, looks.....and the installer who's doing the installation is very important.....

I could tell you what I have and that mines the best, but then someone else will have the same opinion about theirs and both of us would be right....

no good answer, ride them all and make a decision... :wink:

G

·
OH boy... here we go......

Well heres my 2 cents
The Best Trike!!!!

____ builds the best trike. Its styling cant be beat.
It uses _____ suspension, and gives a great and comfortable ride.
This is due to the unique way they handle the rear axle. This builder uses a ____ suspension, and has major raves about it.
This one also _____ the original swingarm, and _____ the ABS system.

the trunk is cavernous, and they way they mount the door with the ______ opening trunk lid allows for lots of storage.

This model ____ floorboards, and you _____ actually stand on them..

all in all a good kit, give your closest ______dealer a call, and try this thing out...
youll be the envy of all the trikes owners out there.

good luck

G

·
Boy - cjmitch really hit the nail on the head. I couldn't have said it better. well actually I couldn't have said it that good.

Now that you have your answer, tell your friend to buy a _____. It's definitely the best.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
My oil is better than your oil. Let's go back to the best oil and how often to change it. It will cause less stress on this site...

You can't buy a bad trike, each has merits the other's don't.

He will love any one he buys.

·
Registered
251 Posts
After coming off a 400 HP Boss Hoss trike, I can tell you the Goldwing Trikes are far superior. All the kits are good. Just make sure you get the ez steer kit. We really love our Hannigan.
Capt Bob

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
We really love our Hannigan.
There ya go, someone just had to plug their trike :wink:

just funning :lol: :lol:

They're all good

G

·
v8capt said:
After coming off a 400 HP Boss Hoss trike, I can tell you the Goldwing Trikes are far superior. All the kits are good. Just make sure you get the ez steer kit. We really love our Hannigan.
Capt Bob
I mean no disrespect when I ask this, but Ive wanted to for a looong time.

With the size of the enging on a boss hoss, it there any danger of flipping the bike, by cracking the throttle wide open from a stop?

·
Registered
42 Posts
"FERRARI" Trike's are the BEST ,I've got a RED one on order,untill then my Yellow "Motor Trike" will have to do :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
cjmitch said:
v8capt said:
Capt Bob
I mean no disrespect when I ask this, but Ive wanted to for a looong time.

With the size of the enging on a boss hoss, it there any danger of flipping the bike, by cracking the throttle wide open from a stop?

My Father just ordered one,when we where at the "Love Ride " in Nov we where looking at them and the Sales man said that the "Trikes" would leave 2 black marks about 300' long :D he ordered the small block serria truck a few weeks ago,I like them but from what i've seen there resale value is not good,but he's always wanted one ,I think he's a Bigger Kid than me :shock: :D

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
In my younger years, I vascilated between Raleigh and Schwinn, but now that I am more mature, I truly believe my Schwinn was a superior trike :wink: :wink: :wink:

G

·
Dropinparts said:
I have a friend who is looking for a Gold Wing trike and I know he would like to have a nice one. I'm still two wheelin an '04 Wing. I'm sure all trike manufaturers are not created equal. Who makes the best trike? :)
Who makes the best car??? Check them all out and buy what what you like.

I like Champion, and got one for many personal reasons. Nothing is created equal. This is a free market society.

All of the major tike makers build good machines. Pick one that suits you (him).

Ride safe.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Yep, they're all good, as long as it's BLUE :wink:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
KYBLUE I have to agree, while your bike sure is pretty, I must share with you that my black motor trike is faster. (There, that adds the which color is faster issue to this as well). :wink:

Whatever kit you decide on, make sure to get the optional seating storage unit. Comes in handy when you arrive at crowded gatherings with limited seating. 8)

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Yeah Wheels, I had to make the choice, pretty-faster, pretty-faster.....

I went the same way I did when I got married, pretty :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to meeting at CatsCade....maybe a drag race????? :shock:

Naw, second thought, I'd loose :wink:

Be safe all.....

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
You can knock off three birds with one stone. Go to a trike shop like "Trike Traders" in Kissimmee FL which have three different kits to test ride from. www.triketraders.com

I'm still looking to try out the DFT trikes if I can find one locally (within 100 miles) or later when I'm on the road.

·
Registered
250 Posts
kyblue is right about the blue. But I love my Motortrike.

Tom

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
OK, I am not a coward, so I will give you the real answer: CSC makes one of the best trikes. Hannigan also makes one of the best trikes. All the rest are good also, but those are the two best. There. I have said it. Of course, that is just my opinion, and opinions vary...I am very happy with MY CSC and would do it again and probably will again down the road. The only other I would consider would be a Hannigan. Also, Trikes by Tony is the best installer...or, OK, one of the very best!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts