GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home yesterday from Asheville I got into some really good action with a SuperHawk 99 something. Didnt have many chances to see it side by side. We were all balls to the wall. That bike will NOT out run the Wing I will tell you that for sure. Twisties or straight line, I smoked him every time. How good of a rider was he? I dont know but he was fully dressed and ready to ride. It was fun.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Its a Honda V twin that makes about 115-120 HP. The bike will outrun and out handle a the Wing. This rider apparently could not.

Pete

·
Chard Member
13,071 Posts
Norton said:
Its a Honda V twin that makes about 115-120 HP. The bike will outrun and out handle a the Wing. This rider apparently could not.

Pete
Maybe he's talking about about the mid 60's 305 Honda Superhawk. Maybe it was the bigger 450 version he was chasing! ROFL...

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well then I guess that guy couldnt ride. We were passing people and he was on it pretty hard. I seemed to pull away from him pretty good. We were at a stop light and he screams over and asks "what the hell have you done to that wing" I just smiled. It was fun.

·
Love The DCT
12,152 Posts
The Superhawk is the Honda VTR1000F 90 degree V twin. Displacement is 996 cc. Motorcyclist tested it and achieved a quarter mile time of 11.17 secs. at 124.9 mph vs the GL1800 they tested at 12.78 secs. at 103.3 mph.

In the hands of a competent rider, the Superhawk should take the 1800.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
The Superhawk was reviewed and revered highly as a good platform.
It was panned for it's horrible stock suspension that was in tragic need of upgrading to make it a legit canyon carver.
I'd say that if the bike had the benefit of a visit to Traxxion Dynamics like Toyo and Trialsman, the 996 pilot would've been waiting for you'all at Granny's house...
I've ridden them and they are way-fun. With a Penske shock and good springs, that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts