GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've received the following message from www.roadtripessentials.com

"Thank you for your inquiry. We are sorry, but we have discontinued our rear tire deflector. Please let us know if you have any other questions."

Do you guys know where can I get one ?

Thanks guys.

Ride safe,

·
Registered
810 Posts
Rear Tire Deflector

What do you mean by a rear tire deflector? Do you mean like a mudflap?

If that's what you mean, Kuryaykn sells them. I bought one for my bike and althoug they have different mounts for different set ups, I was able to mount mine fine with a Big Bike trailer hitch.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes kind of hard mudflap but it attaches in front of the rear bike in order to protect the rear tire from the items ( like nails ) thrown by the front wheel.

That's what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Jim Davis said:
Yes kind of hard mudflap but it attaches in front of the rear bike in order to protect the rear tire from the items ( like nails ) thrown by the front wheel.
If your front tire didn't get bit by the nail, hopefully it will toss it out of the way of the rear tire. Unless you put a flap that drags on the ground like a snowplow to clear the road, it's just a chance all bikes, cars, trucks, etc. take. :?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Jim Davis...I was just in contact with Tony at www.roadtripessentials.com about the rear tire deflector. I run one..got it at wing ding last summer. It is true the deflector is out of stock. However, he is in the process of revisions and will offer a new one...trouble is..it is unknown at this time when delivery can be made. I love my deflector...mine is all metal..and I hear it "working" off and on as I ride. More stuff hits your rear tire than you will ever know. Its sorta the same effect as running a belly pan....dont need it until you need it...*wink. Remain patient..a new style deflector will hit the market.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Was there a problem with the rear tire deflector they had. I have one and it works great. Often I hear a "ping" and know it's working as I ride.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
At least robert shilling got an answer, I inquired, asked and sent email, only to get the not available anymore statement. Mine does "ring" of productivity while riding. Wonder if one made of ABS plastic would hold up as well! Will be looking forward to new type and possible spare at this time!

·
Registered
759 Posts
the roadtripessentials rear tire deflector works great and no bad reports..in fact, all good reports. Tony is re-designing the rtd, thats all. I am very happy with the performance of mine. If anyone is looking for a front fender extension give roadtripessentials' ffe a try. can get em color matched to your bike. www.roadtripessentials.com Tony and his wife Terri are great people to do business with.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll wait for their new design. I'm not in rush. I liked what I saw and heard...
So, I'll begin the other projects with the help of Gary I guess. :wink:

But of course first we need a little sunshine so we can meet with Gary and Mikey.
:lol:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Well Jim,
we know one thing, and that is it won't be tomorrow, huh.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately you are right. I hope this Saturday it'll be sunny so we can meet at your usual Saturday morning stop point...

No!!! NOT at Dairy Queen !!! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts