GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GL1800 cd changer that needs to be serviced and don't have a clue where to send it except for taking it back to the dealer. I'd really like to leave the middleman charges out. I would appreciate any suggestions. The changer will only work on the 1st 5 of the 6 cd's and a small spring came out of it that needs to be replaced (probably why the 6th cd doesn't work). The 1st 5 cd's work fine but the 6th gives an error message. Thanks very much, Tom

·
Registered
638 Posts
Any electronics repair shop should be able to service it. You could ask a local Honda auto dealer where they send the audio units for repair and they may tell you (and they may not).

·
Registered
787 Posts
When I thought I had a problem with my out of warranty CB, the service manager at my dealers looked up Honda's authorized service center on his computer and printed it out for me. Unfortunately I didn't keep the information nor do I know if Honda has one for the CD player, but it is worth a shot. :wink:

:idea: A local repair shop should be able to replace the loose spring for you if that is all that is wrong.

Worst case senario...now you have a 5 disk player instead of 6. :cry:

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts