GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd pass on a GOOD customer service review.

I've been fighting with a passenger floorboard for a while now, the hole for the spring and ball bearing was just a shy too deep which allowed the floorboard to be sloppy. After a number of attempts to correct it myself, which cumulated with my ruining it with JB Weld, I finally figured I needed to replace the whole darn thing.

I posted here to see if there were any replacements to be found, to no avail.. sigh..so after reading all the horror stories about the customer service, I didn't have high hopes this company would come thru for me, but since I'm a glutton for punishment I tracked down the phone number on line and gave them a jingle.

After first asking if they sell replacement parts, Jim was apologetic, but, "No, we don't sell replacement parts, but what happened to the floorboard?" he asked. I explained the problem then he said," There might be some returns downstairs, give me a day to see if I can scrounge one up". After giving my info, and a thanks, I hung up, not really expecting a call back.

Lo and behold, within 24 hours a call from JIm, "got one" and as long as I'd pay shipping, ($4.95), he would sent it right out free of charge.. WOW, Thank you!!

I know there are a lot of nay sayers for this company, but for the abuse I put their products thru, I don't have any complaints.. The company? Kuryakyn.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I like a story with a happy ending!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
On those floorboards, they all get to falling down. Just what they do.

Take them apart, and drop a BB into the hole, then install the original spring and factory ball bearing and assemble back to normal.

They will never give you another problem. But they all do that. Sooner or later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts