GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Used them for many tire changes over the last few years and was very happy with them............until I got the Centramatics.

Can't go wrong with the beads though.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Cause Centramatics are better.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Apples and oranges, my friend! No, they aren't the same! Centramatics are amazing and need to be experienced first hand to truly believe how great they are! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Because I found something way better. Centramatics. Hands down

·
Registered
251 Posts
:popcorn:

I can't knock something I've never tried (Centermatics) but Dyna Beads sure do an excellent job at a whole lot less in price.

:yes1:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Used Dyna Beads previously with no problems. Now I use antifreeze (50/50 mix) - 2 fluid oz in the front, 3 fluid oz in the rear. Works just like the beads, clumping worries are eliminated, won't hurt the tire or rim, and the cost is insignificant.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Used Dyna Beads previously with no problems. Now I use antifreeze (50/50 mix) - 2 fluid oz in the front, 3 fluid oz in the rear. Works just like the beads, clumping worries are eliminated, won't hurt the tire or rim, and the cost is insignificant.
Why antifreeze? If you want to use liquid, wouldnt some puncture sealer be a better idea?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Centra matics I too used beads first but the guy that did my tires wanted to beat me up for them. That and Centras are much better so smooth on the highway you can't compare.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I agree with what you said but an unwanted side effect would be the inability of a sticky rope plug to seal and vulcanize to the tire's rubber.
Something less slick may also work. Sealant as mentioned.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Love my beads only 1800 tires I've had in 115,000 miles that didn't cup or wear funny front and back.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
just bought dyna beads and put them in my tires, and a jerk mechanic put on a new set of tires at my request and would not re-use the beads. I liked them. Should have charged the jerk mechanic for the beads! :)

will go with Centramatics from a better and nicer mechanic next week.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I recently went with the beads when I mounted up my new 'Stones. A big improvement over what was there before, a cupped Dunlop, said to have been balanced with lead weights. The weights were on the rim.

Beads are so much of an improvement. I find it hard to believe that there is that much room for improvement for over $200 to go to the Centramatics.

·
Registered
19,224 Posts
Used them for many tire changes over the last few years and was very happy with them............until I got the Centramatics.

Can't go wrong with the beads though.
ditto:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts