GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the last several days, I found that starting off after a cold start at slow speed requires a little more goosing the throttle else the bike will shut off or nearly do so; just like I have not twisted enough. This is in any mode except Sport. It has not done this before and only started several days ago. After riding and the bike is hot, I can start off without any issue. Mileage is 3,800 mi. Weather temps are 74 in the morning when cold starting and after work it is in the high 80’s when I start it cold.

Being FI I would not think it would be an issue but...

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Early on the shop I worked at encountered a new DCT GW with this complaint. Honda had the tech on the bike complete the re-initialization procedure and the owner reported it cured. Honda in CA was very involved with the situation and followed up. That was in the spring of 2018.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My bike has started to do the same. Cold start is good, but if you shift in to D and take off it falls on its face. My bike has just under 8,000 miles. This just started, once warm it don't happen. Ill try the re-initialization procedure and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
616 Posts
My DCT has never done this, not once. I also do the initialization every 2K miles or so too, maybe that's why mine's never done this?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I let my DCT warm up for about 30 seconds and take off with no problems. Summer or Winter.

·
Registered
242 Posts
As for the "dumb question" I asked, I'm familiar with the Clutch Initialization procedure and have done it twice on my DCT. Just didn't make the connection to a dead spot when accelerating from a stand still to clutch initialization.

·
Registered
16,985 Posts
Have you checked your plugs for proper gap and appearance?

prs

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’ll try a fresh gas fill. I always use Sheetz gas and I am not sure what tier they are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts