GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often read the for sale board and notice that when a person offers something for sale some one always offers their opinion if they think the price is too high. If I read a add on this or another board I may be inclined to present a offer via e-mail or pm, but find no value to either party to post my opinion in public view if I think the price is too high.
Honda Direct Line the sponsor of this board sells Honda/motorcycle (parts) ect. This is my opinion and mine only, why would a person post on here that they can get XXXXXXX at XXXXXXX cheaper then Honda Direct Line (Hal). I am quite sure that there are others that offer lower costs on items, but I don't see any of them offering a forum such as this one. I have my Nomex suit on along with a fully charged fire extinguisher near by. So let the flaming begin...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,373 Posts
I personally appreciate those who post the comments. If the seller isn't trying to rip anyone off, I think they should too. Although I have met very few forum members, I consider myself among friends. If we can help each other....why not??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
You're absolutely right. We shouldn't promote other vendors on this forum. I used the term "we", because I'm guilty of it, too. I've never bought anything from Hal, but I know from the input of others that he offers great products at great prices. I, for one, tend to forget that it's his forum. For some reason, I think of it as a public forum, and fail to show him the respect that is due him.
Sorry, Hal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,922 Posts
I too consider it very poor form to stomp on someone's for sale post. If ya think their price is too high make an offer, IN PRIVATE.

JMHO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,082 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with offering something for sale or telling someone about something really cheap. It could save someone money and they can spend more with Hal on something else. Now as far as telling someone their price is to high on something that is not their business, if the seller is to high and can sell it at that price that is great. If you are not interested in something why do you care what someone asks for what they are selling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,256 Posts
weengers said:
I too consider it very poor form to stomp on someone's for sale post. If ya think their price is too high make an offer, IN PRIVATE.

JMHO
I agree.

If I want to put my Wing up for sale for $50,000 it's my business. It won't sell for that but it's still my business.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
vendors

I think someone in the business of selling products would appreciate the information on the real world sale price to be competitive with the competition. This board is an easy way to do that with little work on his part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,952 Posts
well its a public forum so sometimes folks say what they are thinking even if no one asked ?

sometimes the asking price is way out of line, if thats the case u might as well expect to hear about it

i'm usually pretty well satisfied with the way thing go here, pretty easy to just ignore it if i don't like it but rite or wrong i do like to see what folks have to say about STUFF, sometimes it gets mean then i don't like it

HondaRider2005 No flames from me and i hope u have a great weekend :D
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Human nature just works that way.

If you have unlimited time you can always find a lower price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,368 Posts
I don't care one way or another. But if you forget everything else that people say on this thread, just remember this one thing.
"If you want to get the lowest price possible for your Goldwing...Sell it on this forum."
The same holds true for any brand going to their forum.
Reason is that everyone here knows what the cheapest going price for any related Goldwing item is....BECAUSE THIS IS AN INFORMATION FORUM SPECIFICALLY FOR...GOLDWINGS!
The only advantage in selling your Goldwing here is that at a decent price, it will sell FAST!!!

If you want to get the most for your Goldwing, sell it in the local paper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,795 Posts
I have always been miffed at people that have to be the first to post about a for sale item that it is to high.

Not interested just move on. Normally I feel that the poster does not always know everything about the item either.

It seems that after a post that says not trying to hurt you but it is to high the thread stops or a few things are bantered about but it usually is kiss of death for that item. Unless it goes to PM's after that.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
nedro said:
I don't care one way or another. But if you forget everything else that people say on this thread, just remember this one thing.
"If you want to get the lowest price possible for your Goldwing...Sell it on this forum."
The same holds true for any brand going to their forum.
Reason is that everyone here knows what the cheapest going price for any related Goldwing item is....BECAUSE THIS IS AN INFORMATION FORUM SPECIFICALLY FOR...GOLDWINGS!
The only advantage in selling your Goldwing here is that at a decent price, it will sell FAST!!!

If you want to get the most for your Goldwing, sell it in the local paper.
At first thought I tended to agree with your thought. But the more I thought about it I disagree. This is an information forum but it really depends on whether its the buyer or the seller that has the best information. Your statement implies that the buyers have the better information. You actually have three possibilities on this site:

Buyer has no information, seller has all of the information should equal higher sales price

Both buyer and seller have equal information then price should be an equilibrium price.

Buyer has all of the information, seller has none of the information then should equal lower sales price.

So unless someone has analyzed each sale from this site then I think the sale prices on this forum should (on average) be no lower or higher than any other sales place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,274 Posts
Pretty much agree with most of the comments on here so far (is that vague enough? :D )

So far as I can remember, I've only made 2 comments in re someone else's 'for sale' items.

If memory serves, 1 was when someone posted that he wanted to trade a 8-10 year old Hog for a NEW Wing... and the other was when someone advertised a rain suit with "...only 1 or 2 holes in it" or something to that effect.

Guess it's my sick sense of humor, but I just thought those were funny... especially the rain sut with holes. Kinda defeats the purpose, don't ya think? :lol:

And I agree about posting lower prices than Hal's.

Although I have posted items where someone had a good deal on something... so far as I'm aware, it was only on items that Hal did not sell. And as such, no competition or conflict with Hal.

JMO,
Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,382 Posts
Something that amazes me are the people that have had a computer on the internet for several years and still don't know how to use it.

That's really a different issue but it does have an effect on being able to shop for the better prices. Some had rather hear about the choices others make.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
selling

Hondarider2005

I agree with you, but lets face the facts.

There are smart people on this board.
And some people who think they are smart.

There are kind people on this board.
And some people who think they are kind.

There are fair people on this board.
And some people who think they are fair.

There are some people who like talking to others.
And some people who like to hear themselves talk.

13,000 plus good people and a handful of (I know it all's)

Just ignore them (I'm trying real hard) and failing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,922 Posts
All Boots No Saddle said:
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=707687&highlight=#707687
Excellent example! :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HondaRider2oo5 said:
Welcome to the board........Nice to meet you.

I know if I could sell my 05 abs for $20.000 it would become history.... But I know better... :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,256 Posts
HondaRider2oo5 said:
I know if I could sell my 05 abs for $20.000 it would become history.... But I know better... :p
I'll give you that amount for it right now - no questions asked. CASH!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,090 Posts
Re: Why do people offer a opinion when some one tries to sel

HondaRider2oo5 said:
I often read the for sale board and notice that when a person offers something for sale some one always offers their opinion if they think the price is too high. If I read a add on this or another board I may be inclined to present a offer via e-mail or pm, but find no value to either party to post my opinion in public view if I think the price is too high.
Honda Direct Line the sponsor of this board sells Honda/motorcycle (parts) ect. This is my opinion and mine only, why would a person post on here that they can get XXXXXXX at XXXXXXX cheaper then Honda Direct Line (Hal). I am quite sure that there are others that offer lower costs on items, but I don't see any of them offering a forum such as this one. I have my Nomex suit on along with a fully charged fire extinguisher near by. So let the flaming begin...
The sole value of this board is the likelihood that readers will encounter something interesting to read. That is it. Instead of broad-based condemnations of any class of comment here, I'd rather just read them and sort them out myself.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top