GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've got to check out this video..........

http://www.break.com/index/incredibly_fast_biker.html

The guy starts out doing a long wheelie at 160+ mph, then brings it down and continues thru traffic at speeds reaching 300 mph, works thru some cars at a 'slow' 60, then back up to speed and finishes with a 200+ mph wheelie again.

Like I said..........it's why I don't own a crotch rocket. 8)

·
Registered
104 Posts
they are testing the 2009 GoldWing

:shock: :shock: :shock:

8)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Think he was going 300Km/hr (around 180 mph), but either way, that was WAY fast! :shock:

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Hedo said:
The guy starts out doing a long wheelie at 160+ mph, ... then brings it down and continues thru traffic at speeds reaching 300 mph, works thru some cars at a 'slow' 60, then back up to speed and finishes with a 200+ mph wheelie again.
KPH (Kilometers Per Hour) I could believe, but there ain't no way on earth I'll believe that's MPH. :roll:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
the digital gage is reading in Kilometers. 250Km/hr = 155.34 MPH

300km/hr = 186.41 MPH

still way to fast for me :wink:

·
Registered
463 Posts
fast

Just form the styles of vehicles he is passing, I would have to agree that he is registering in KPH not MPH. Either way that is darn fast!

W

·
0 Posts
I wonder how this dude would do on a race track were he wouldn't have to slow down for traffic.

Did his speedo even hit 300? Seem like it stuck @ 299.

Offen think how many west coast riders spent their last moments riding like this and now are lying in a cemetery............ :roll:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Definitely kilometers per hour. Still fast. The buses he paced for a while at 120ish before finally weaving through them.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never gave it any thought regarding kilometers........I believe you are right.

Still way too fast for me.............but it looks like fun !! :lol:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hedo said:
...but it looks like fun !! :lol:
It did look fun... right up until he split the lane between the bus and, what was it, an RV? If I remember right, he was doing 120 (approx 75mph) between the vehicles. ack!

LOL

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
Did his speedo even hit 300? Seem like it stuck @ 299.:
I'll bet he went higher than 299 KPH. 299 might be the highest that digital speedo will read.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I can't find the video you guys are talking about....a blonde in a bikini is all I can see.... :wink:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Lucky Phil said:
I can't find the video you guys are talking about....a blonde in a bikini is all I can see.... :wink:
Try this link. Since I don't have the Corona Hottie in my avatar, you shoudl be able to see the video just fine. On the other hand, if all you can see is the blonde, maybe you need a beer. ;)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Gotta love them foreign countries where ya can do that kind of stuff until yer dead as a skunk beside the road. :roll: :wink:
Lane splittin' in Siciliy, it was fun as heck but still scared the bejesus outta me, was doin' just under 90 mph when doin' it which means that dude no matter how good he is will end up dead from havin' all that fun. 8) :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've had my Honda CBR1100XX (Blackbird) up to an indicated 185 m.p.h. on a local highway a few years ago. Very stable and smooth. Those "crotch rockets" are built for speed. I've been on a Wing doing a scary 125 m.p.h. with the dreaded high speed weave. That speed on a wing was by far more dangerous than 185 indicated on my XX.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts