GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told them about the ECM change out,never heard of it.Two month down the road they get a bulletin.I told them about the fram crack.Two month down the road they get a bulletin.I bring them my wing for the left latch,bag hanging up.On my original post someone,mention new fix.and they know nothing about it. You need the extended warranity just to stay at par with this shop.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Sounds like my dealer too! My mistake was buying from the local Harley - Honda shop ....(in that order)..... they sell more Harley. I think another part of that is the fact that they don't have to service the Hondas the sell nearly as often. :twisted:

I

·
0 Posts
There is one of those Harley/Honda dealers in Kingman AZ also. They favor Harley Big Time!. The reason of course is more service, and a TON of Harley accessory crap that is BIG profit. I suspect Harley makes as much profit on official accessory licenses as they do on bikes.

However, there is NO excuse for lousy service from any Honda dealer. You guys need to get out your pens and write Mother Honda. Squeeky wheels get greased.

The bloom is fading on the Harley craze. Their value is no longer that great. I have great respect for what what Harley has done to bring back the Company from near oblivion, and I believe in American Companies, but their outrageous resale value is about done. They will need to now buckle down and build bikes to compete with Honda, Yammy, Kow, and Zuki head to head in performance, features, and reliability. They ain't there yet. :sw1:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Honda Shops Behind

Hey Guys, Let's not shoot all the dogs just because a few have ticks. My Honda dealer (Eddie Hills Fun Cycles, Wichita Falls, Texas) is very quick to respond to my needs. I never have to wait for anything, whether it is parts, service or whatever. Went in one day for tires, was on road in less than 2 hours from the time I walked in the door. ECM work-one day. Sounds to me like you just need to take your business to the right dealer. If you stop dealing with incompetent shops, they can't survive. Just thought you might something positive about a dealer. Guys--THEY AIN'T ALL BAD. Take care George

I

·
0 Posts
Re: Honda Shops Behind

George Scott said:
Hey Guys, Let's not shoot all the dogs just because a few have ticks. My Honda dealer (Eddie Hills Fun Cycles, Wichita Falls, Texas) is very quick to respond to my needs. I never have to wait for anything, whether it is parts, service or whatever. Went in one day for tires, was on road in less than 2 hours from the time I walked in the door. ECM work-one day. Sounds to me like you just need to take your business to the right dealer. If you stop dealing with incompetent shops, they can't survive. Just thought you might something positive about a dealer. Guys--THEY AIN'T ALL BAD. Take care George
Hi George:

I sure wasn't shooting all the dogs. My Honda dealers here in Muskegon and Grand Rapids MI are top drawer. But like all barrels of apples, there are some rotten ones, and they need to be taken to task. Mother Honda needs to know who they are.

And it doesn't hurt to let her know who the good ones are as well.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Sounds like to me that it is time to find a different dealer for your service work, and stop buying from this one.

I bought my bike used and from out of state. I found a dealer about 45 miles away that "adopted" me and treats me like I bought the bike from them. Of course, they will probably get to sell me the next one.

You really need to talk to other owners before spending this much money on a bike. If you buy from a dealer with a service department that sucks, then maybe a little more "homework" should have been done before the purchase.

I wouldn't buy a bike from my local dealer, because I question their knowledge and level of expertise when working on a $18,000 bike. The Service Manager of the dealership that I go to... he owns and rides a Wing. Enough said. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts