GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering why I haven't seen any 2009 GoldWings for sale or even pricing listed from Hal @ Honda Directline?

The 2009's have been available since the beginning of October 2008..........but no pricing listed here on the forum.
Hal used to be one of the first to post the new pricing and it was a great gauge for a pricing.
I see he has prior year bikes for sale.............but nothing current.

Just wondering............maybe he's getting out of selling bikes and focusing on mainly accessories?
Nothing wrong with that...........just wondering.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Could be that he had a glut of '08 models that need to be sold first. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Well, if no one from HDL posts any reason why. I am sure we all can figure it out for ourselves. Business is a day to day survival for a lot of places with the economy the way it is now, has been and will be for a long, long time. Why order a bunch of bikes to have them sit on show room floors, starring at them every day wondering when they will move.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, if no one from HDL posts any reason why. I am sure we all can figure it out for ourselves. Business is a day to day survival for a lot of places with the economy the way it is now, has been and will be for a long, long time. Why order a bunch of bikes to have them sit on show room floors, starring at them every day wondering when they will move.
I tend to disagree with this...........most of the 2009's that dealers ordered are already sold out and are hard to come by. Sure Honda is making less of them but the one's they did make moved out fast.
It's already been posted here and elsewhere a lot of models/colors are now hard to get with delays for several months.
I'm sure Hal has his reasons.............just wondering is all, since this hasn't been the norm for HDL the last several years.

He's made one heck of a successful accessory/parts businesses that's for sure.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Brian, from what I have heard on this board and others is the Yellow ABS is really hard to find. Maybe Honda should ramp up production of this popular model???
My post above was nothing against Hal or his company. I am just saying it is very smart with todays economy to be prudent with your inventory.

H

·
0 Posts
Just wondering why I haven't seen any 2009 GoldWings for sale or even pricing listed from Hal @ Honda Directline?

The 2009's have been available since the beginning of October 2008..........but no pricing listed here on the forum.
Hal used to be one of the first to post the new pricing and it was a great gauge for a pricing.
I see he has prior year bikes for sale.............but nothing current.

Just wondering............maybe he's getting out of selling bikes and focusing on mainly accessories?
Nothing wrong with that...........just wondering.
Brian,

We have plenty of 08 and 09 in stock. Call our dealership if you need a price.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Brian, from what I have heard on this board and others is the Yellow ABS is really hard to find. Maybe Honda should ramp up production of this popular model???
My post above was nothing against Hal or his company. I am just saying it is very smart with todays economy to be prudent with your inventory.
the power house dealers in my area have plenty of yellow abs ones in stock

they also have the limited blue one as well

and every other variety as well

last week russellville had 14 custom trikes in the showroom

every one had a custom paint job

one was pink and white, i guess a mary k rep may be needing one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts