GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am a newbie so I just paired my sena 20s evo with my phone and can issue voice commands from the sena to the phone for radio and music.

So given that this is working fine, can someone please tell me why I should also pair the phone and the sena to the goldwing?

What would be the benefit? Would my original pairing of the phone to the sena still work? I am not sure if I can pair the sena and phone to each other as well as also pairing them to the goldwing at the same time. What would be the point. Would that work? Why should I do it?

Note that in Australia I do not have the GPS in the goldwing. This could be because I need to do an update and unfortunately Honda will not let me download it, I have to pay a dealer to do the update. This is annoying considering its a free download in the USA, not sure about Europe. So far I am not impressed with the so called pairing ability of the Goldwing so would like to know if pairing to it is worth it?:crying:

·
Registered
95 Posts
first of all. is your phone an iphone or an android ?
If assume that its not an iphone and obviously you are not gonna use car play.
so if this is the stiuation you dont have to pair your heasdset to bike. you can pair phone to bike so you can stream music to the bikes audio system via bluetooth.

if you have an iphone and want to use car play it's a different story. You must only pair your headset to bike and plug the iphone to the bike thats it not anymore pairings.

·
Vendor
22,053 Posts
If you decide to pair the Sena to the Bike, be sure to diasable bluetooth on your phone and/or unpair it from the Sena. It won't work properly if the phone is paired directly to the Sena. The data from the phone for Car Play is passed though the wired connection to the bike and the audio is passed through the Bluetooth connection between the bike and the Sena, so you'll need to have the phone plugged into the bike for it all to work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you decide to pair the Sena to the Bike, be sure to diasable bluetooth on your phone and/or unpair it from the Sena. It won't work properly if the phone is paired directly to the Sena. The data from the phone for Car Play is passed though the wired connection to the bike and the audio is passed through the Bluetooth connection between the bike and the Sena, so you'll need to have the phone plugged into the bike for it all to work.
So phone bluetooth paired with sena conflicts with phone also bluetooth paired to bike at the same time. I thought that the sena was multi-channel but I guess I need to do more homework to find out what multi channel means in this context?

Yep I have an android so pairing with the bike does seem pointless...:surprise:

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
The system is designed to use with APPLE. There are work arounds but they all have compromises

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
if your set up is working, leave things as they are. you dont have access to carplay anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts