I'm not an Iron Butt rider. I think 800 miles in a Buick is a long ride. But I am Iron Butt curious. (Oops, that didn't sound right.) Anyway, why so few Iron Butt winners on Wings? I've heard 5 of the last 6 winners have been on FJRs--wonderful bike, but not a big seller by any means. So, what gives?
- Am I looking at the wrong stats?
- Does the Wing get heavier after 700 or 800 miles?
- Is it about the gas mileage?
- Is it because the Wing is a 2up bike?
- Are Wing riders unable to plan a route that avoids Dairy Queens?