GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local bike shop has a 2002 GL for sale so I put it in the classified section and it stayed there for 2 days now the post has been removed. Whats up with that?
Brett

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
The site is not for Dealer ads but for the members here

·
Registered
5,260 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
The site is not for Dealer ads but for the members here
I understand that but it was not the dealer posting it, just a member trying to help someone who might be looking. Whats the different in that or the number of ads that say "POSTING FOR A FRIEND". Hey that friend could be a dealer :shrug: :shrug:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I understand that but it was not the dealer posting it, just a member trying to help someone who might be looking. Whats the different in that or the number of ads that say "POSTING FOR A FRIEND". Hey that friend could be a dealer :shrug: :shrug:
I agree but others set up the rules. Some Hazel saw the word dealer and generalized.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
"Could be" and (clearly) "is" are two different animals.

The better way is to send the ad and info via PM to the friend who is looking for that advertised item.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I agree but others set up the rules. Some Hazel saw the word dealer and generalized.
"Could be" and (clearly) "is" are two different animals.

The better way is to send the ad and info via PM to the friend who is looking for that advertised item.

Then what about this post?
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292609
There are many times that someone finds a good deal on a motorcycle related item and wants to pass it on, boots, tires, helmet etc. so your saying we can't do that because is pushing stuff from another vendor??

So next time a dealer or someone wanting to post something they saw at a dealership wants to post they should just say POSTING FOR A FRIEND, I guess you can have a dealer as a friend.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Looks like the easy way for a dealer to sell here is to lie. Then, of course that raises the question "Would I buy from that dealer?" Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hey Joe.....Some people are more equal than others. It's like the cop that stops you and continues to write your ticket as some speedster goes by at the speed of sound and the cop pays no attention to it.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Why post about a bike you know nothing about? What if it's a POS? I would feel bad if I did that, a forum member bought it then posted about problems with the bike I pointed them to every week.

When posting for a friend you hopefully know the history and can put your name to that sale with some confidence.

If you could not care less about pointing a fellow forum member to a bad sale then go for it.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Then what about this post?
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292609
There are many times that someone finds a good deal on a motorcycle related item and wants to pass it on, boots, tires, helmet etc. so your saying we can't do that because is pushing stuff from another vendor??

So next time a dealer or someone wanting to post something they saw at a dealership wants to post they should just say POSTING FOR A FRIEND, I guess you can have a dealer as a friend.
That one could have been pulled too. It's all down to how the individual moderator sees it. Some will see your post as advertising for a dealer, others might not. Moderators discretion, live with it.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
It's all part of growing up!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Also possible someone else came in and totally trashed the post via keyboard and the moderator removed the entire post.:shrug: Most likely it was because it was a dealer link, but on this board you never know.:?:

Mine get removed all the time.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
The classifieds are for members to sell their personal property. If you post did not meet that criteria, then that is why it was deleted. It doesn't get any simpler.

The classifieds are a great resource for our members, both sellers and buyers. Don't abuse it.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
If I was a salesman.

I would post "selling for a friend",or saw a great deal at a local Dealer.

Rules are rules.
I can only break the rules I make.

Learned that before Kindergarten.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Maybe you drew the short straw. :doorag: Just a thing. Not to worry about.

So far they have not removed me. Lol!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts