GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look outside, the air is still and it looks like any other day.... Sunny, blue sky. But there is one difference today, IT IS COLD AS FRIGGIN HE**!!!!!!

WHY DO WE LIVE IN AN ICEBOX!!!!! HOW IN ALL OF GODS CREATIONS DOES IT GET SO DARN COLD. I MUST BE INSANE!!

Thanks, I needed that, I think I am going to move to Arizona, Nevada, or South Carolina.....If I lived there I would be riding My Wing tommorrow!!!!!! Not freezing my HOO HOO'S off............... Its gonna be a L O N G Winter.....

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
We are 14 degrees right now and dropping. Coldest night so far.

Hell let it come and get over with it's self.

Dawg

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
God! It's not even officially winter yet and Matt's off the leash already.
Whadda yuh gonna do when it turns WHITE? :eek:4:

:lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Matt,

I'm sure you've thought about this, but move to the South. With some gerbings, we ride all year long. And you already know about our mountain twisties.

Surely the job you have could be had down here as well. "The only thing constant is change". Go for it..

We'd love to have you join the southern chapter of Hal's Angels or the more elite (at least in our opinion) "Wingstock Mafia".

I'd even help in your job search....

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
The question is: "Why do you all still live up there?" Hey, it's not always paradise, the jobs $uk, and prices are going up, oh yeah, and there are a few hurricanes sometime... but you can ride all year!!! and that is the most important thing!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Matt(Ashland said:
I look outside, the air is still and it looks like any other day.... Sunny, blue sky. But there is one difference today, IT IS COLD AS FRIGGIN HE**!!!!!!

WHY DO WE LIVE IN AN ICEBOX!!!!! HOW IN ALL OF GODS CREATIONS DOES IT GET SO DARN COLD. I MUST BE INSANE!!

Thanks, I needed that, I think I am going to move to Arizona, Nevada, or South Carolina.....If I lived there I would be riding My Wing tommorrow!!!!!! Not freezing my HOO HOO'S off............... Its gonna be a L O N G Winter.....

Matt(Ashland,MA)
I know what you mean - we got below 32 a couple of mornings ago and barely got into the 60's later in the day. Luckily, we should start seeing upper 60's lower 70's!

Best Regards,

Shane

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
It was cold here last night too.... 38 degrees... but alas... todays forecast is for 70 degrees.... YEAHHHHH !! think I am going to bike night :p

Any one care to join ? I'll even spring for coco & beignets

cosmic

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean...

55 last night and high of 75 today. Think I'll go for a ride :D (sorry)

BTW, summer does suk here...

Stay safe,

Lance

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

The Yankees are gonna be a force to reacon with this winter for us Southners, it's the first week of December and the angst plus a bunch of those shrink kind of terms are floatin' in my pea sized brain but I never thought Matt of the frozen tundra of Patriot Country would crack first. :roll:
Matt, ya didn't use the Jihad Boys on this one, I'm amazed. :lol:
It was 29 degrees with the sun comin' up this mornin' when I left and didn't even put the chaps on, wore my ol' salty flight jacket from the old days with my thinsulate gloves with the balaclava under the helmet. :wink:
Life is good as far as ridin' goes but the Admiral says it has to be at least 55 degrees for her to climb aboard so I'll be solo for several rides. :wink: 8) :lol:

Let the PMS set in and have all y'all Yankees had the pre-season maintenance done on the snow removal gear yet?? :wink:

·
15 year Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
S&W Triker said:
The question is: "Why do you all still live up there?" Hey, it's not always paradise, the jobs $uk, and prices are going up, oh yeah, and there are a few hurricanes sometime... but you can ride all year!!! and that is the most important thing!
Good point, I would take a snowstorm over a Hurricane anyday!!! As for jobs , well I will take your word for it.....

Matt(Ashland,MA) :snow1: :cus:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
YAHOOOO..i got new non- holey gloves..so riding in the cold will be ok now,,,yippie,,,,yahoo..........here it is 30 degrees,,,,,according to the weather person,,,,and going at 50 mph on a M/C with the wind chill...it feels 12 degrees......BBBBRRRRRR

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Matt, To everything, there is a season.

We have our winter sports, like
looking out at the pool and sighing,
attempting to walk to work without falling and breaking something,
putting in extra hours at work so we can have more time off in the summer,
actually speaking to our spouses and children,
shoveling snow,
chipping ice,
nuzzling our motorcycle lovingly in the garage

:cry:

I would use the old chestnut about how good it feels to ride in the spring, but a friend from the South asked if I would give up sex all Winter so it would feel better in the spring.

Point, Set, Match. :wink:

·
15 year Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
******* Dave said:
:shock:

The Yankees are gonna be a force to reacon with this winter for us Southners, it's the first week of December and the angst plus a bunch of those shrink kind of terms are floatin' in my pea sized brain but I never thought Matt of the frozen tundra of Patriot Country would crack first. :roll:
Matt, ya didn't use the Jihad Boys on this one, I'm amazed. :lol:
It was 29 degrees with the sun comin' up this mornin' when I left and didn't even put the chaps on, wore my ol' salty flight jacket from the old days with my thinsulate gloves with the balaclava under the helmet. :wink:
Life is good as far as ridin' goes but the Admiral says it has to be at least 55 degrees for her to climb aboard so I'll be solo for several rides. :wink: 8) :lol:

Let the PMS set in and have all y'all Yankees had the pre-season maintenance done on the snow removal gear yet?? :wink:
You got me in a moment of weakness.... Think about this for a second...... You get up to simply go "outside" a numbing cold hits every part of your body ALL AT ONCE 20 degrees and it will not improve for at least 3 SOLID months.... I might have to pull up the stakes, throw caution to the wind and head south.... don't get me wrong I can take 20's and 30's but the deep freeze.... NO MORE!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA)
:22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes: :cus: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes:
sorry

(it's even too cold for those Arab knucklehheads!!)

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
As the unofficial spokesman for the sunny and warm Southwest I am not going to reply to this post.

Yes I am. :twisted:

Took the Sabre on a mercy run yesterday. Wore jeans and leather jacket on the way up. Took off the jacket on the way home. Wuz in the low 70's and gettin' warmer. :D

Next time I'll ride the Bandit. Sabre gettin' too warm behind that windshield and fairing. :lol:

S'pose to be 76 today. Got to be careful not to get sunburned. 8)

Looks like a loooooong winter! :p

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thirty-eight degrees for a high today and it is headed down to six degrees above for tonight's low. I think I'm giving up. I going to put the bike away for the season. I can handle the cold, but this is to big of a bike to risk on the ice or snow.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
S&W Triker said:
S&W,

Now, if we all took your advice, where would you put all of us? Do you have the room?

As far as hurricanes, I agree with the other poster: I'd rather put up with a snow storm and freezing cold than the devestation left behind by a hurricane. One day you have everything, and the next day it's all gone. But that's just me. :lol:

Ride safely in that sunny and warm south. I'll just put another layer on and wait for Spring.

Mike

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Hurricanes are just part of the reality of living here...you accept that you may lose everything in the blink of an eye and just live your life. Especially since it can happen to anyone anywhere...we are just more aware of it.

I just can't take the cold! and I love riding all the time...I do miss the occaisional snow storm and that wonderful thing called " a snow day!" It's not as much fun having a hurricane day and putting up shutters and all that stuff...but here I am, riding in perfect 76 degree weather...MOST of the year...

hope you get in some good rides up there!

·
Registered
650 Posts
It was relitively warm this morning at 42 degrees, after yesterday morning at 31 degrees. Still not too cold to ride in North Texas !!!

·
Chard Member
13,060 Posts
I just came in from hanging Christmas lights on the house. I'm soaked with sweat. That just ain't right! LMAO.... Later this afternoon I need to mow, but first I'll go for a short ride to cool off. 8)

I wasted 29 years living in the north. Life is short and life was becoming a waste for me because of the cold gloomy winters. I'm glad everyone doesn't like Florida. Too many people already do. :wink:

I wonder why the suicide rate in the north doubles during the winter months. I have a wild guess. Winters in the north are depressing as hell!

:xmas1:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Matt(Ashland said:
Thanks, I needed that, I think I am going to move to Arizona, Nevada, or South Carolina.....If I lived there I would be riding My Wing tommorrow!!!!!!
It's only 72F here in Florida today. Just a bit cool for shorts and tank top. Maybe I'll ride tomorrow... hahahahaha

1 - 20 of 38 Posts