GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread title states there will be no 2014 mileage contest!!!!

At a Super Secret RTE this morning several things were discussed with the board powers to be. I think we will all agree that George after having taken on the Dells ride in's is the Big Kahuna!!!! Of course he is supported by Rail32 !!

For my part in this I was asked to run the mileage contest, but it needs to be changed!! So a new plan was hatched which should generate more interest and giving everyone, working or not a more level playing field.

So here it is and of course open for discussion:coffee1:

For 2014 it will be a RTE based contest and it will automatically be cause for riding and having fun!!!! A contest like this simply means that the more RTE's you attend the more chances to win what is being designed now as a very cool shirt!!!! You say but more RTE's are down south. This is not a factor as a RTE will be considered when it is posted and three or more attend. Like it don't YA:lol:

I will work on fine tuning this as comments come in, but I have a pretty good basis stuck in my head now:eek:4: So what say you ????

One more thing on this. Whether the sun is out, or the rain is falling, the wind is blowing, it is cold, or just not fit to ride!! You will only get credit if you ride your bike!! So when I took the cage to Bloomer this fall and sadly the only one it would not count!!!!!!

Now back to the breakfast. Two names were drawn at random as well as one from the friends of the WI Board. They will be announced when the shirt is finalized by Jim Street, also at breakfast.

Maybe more on breakfast from one of the attendees, but please understand it worked out well and sorry to keep it a secret!!!!

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Just so everyone understands, it is not our intention to make light of the high mile riders. It is just that every year it is the same group who are in the running for the contest. Yes it is fun to tease rail about how far behind he is, but really there are around 5 riders in the state who are on the board that contend. Our goal is to give everyone a fair shot at a shirt and getting recognized for being a part of the group. If you have not been to an RTE, please give it a try. Some say not much of a ride when the RTE is 2 miles form home. Well this year we will try to call RTE's from all over that state. I think that we will test John's memory unless we get a couple of notebooks to write it down. This is a group thing and we want everyone to be a part of it. Even if you only make one RTE you have a chance at winning. we are open to suggestions on other things to help get everyone involved. This is one great board and there is so much activity with the Wisconsin and many of our friends from other states that we want to include everyone. Tell us what you think.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
As the thread title states there will be no 2014 mileage contest!!!!

At a Super Secret RTE this morning several things were discussed with the board powers to be. I think we will all agree that George after having taken on the Dells ride in's is the Big Kahuna!!!! Of course he is supported by Rail32 !!

For my part in this I was asked to run the mileage contest, but it needs to be changed!! So a new plan was hatched which should generate more interest and giving everyone, working or not a more level playing field.

So here it is and of course open for discussion:coffee1:

For 2014 it will be a RTE based contest and it will automatically be cause for riding and having fun!!!! A contest like this simply means that the more RTE's you attend the more chances to win what is being designed now as a very cool shirt!!!! You say but more RTE's are down south. This is not a factor as a RTE will be considered when it is posted and three or more attend. Like it don't YA:lol:

I will work on fine tuning this as comments come in, but I have a pretty good basis stuck in my head now:eek:4: So what say you ????

One more thing on this. Whether the sun is out, or the rain is falling, the wind is blowing, it is cold, or just not fit to ride!! You will only get credit if you ride your bike!! So when I took the cage to Bloomer this fall and sadly the only one it would not count!!!!!!

Now back to the breakfast. Two names were drawn at random as well as one from the friends of the WI Board. They will be announced when the shirt is finalized by Jim Street, also at breakfast.

Maybe more on breakfast from one of the attendees, but please understand it worked out well and sorry to keep it a secret!!!!
John did you want Randy and I to help get that basis unstuck for you.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John did you want Randy and I to help get that basis unstuck for you.
Not a bad idea George!!!! And Thanks for your post it was well thought out, something I am losing fast:eek:4:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
For the record I am currently winning the RTE contest for 2014 , not just sayin . RTE contest this should gain me another shirt !! :biker::eat2:
My 2 favorite things in life as a contest ,perfect :yes1:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the record I am currently winning the RTE contest for 2014 , not just sayin . RTE contest this should gain me another shirt !! :biker::eat2:
My 2 favorite things in life as a contest ,perfect :yes1:
I might have to re think the part about you must ride the bike :shrug:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
I might have to re think the part about you must ride the bike :shrug:
Yes, I agree. What if a member came in a go-cart or a moped or a space ship? Bringing a different form of transportation may get some of our other members to show up.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Ride to eat people , this is a car,go cart , spaceship forum . RIDE to EAT . 2 or 3 wheels only .

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
If you do either a most RTE attended or a drawing this will require a very accurate account of how attended at each and every one . This will require alot of record keeping . I think they should be posted with pix of attendees and names if you decide to go that route . I will gladly post any and all pix from anyone . Email them to me is all that is required . I like the RTE idea as than one can have them in their hometown or close . You guys up north than can participate very easily and screw the dudes down south . Me I got it made location,location ,location . John I will still be a large size shirt next year ,jot that down . The rest of ya will be a short size or 2 larger .:twisted: This is going to be fun .
Rail 1 RTE for year .

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Betty said we should do a calorie count :nojoke:.
Maybe a cholesterol count for tie breaker .

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
A point system !!
rte at your house ,big points
rte new place, big place
rte farthest ridden to get there one way from house .
Rte with significant other more points ( mr happy would not count as he should though)
atteneding back to back rte's like a Saturday and a Sunday or a breakfast ,lunch and dinner all posted ahead of time .
Just a few thoughts as I am making my breakfast and I could have called a RTE in Marshfield ,just sayin .

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
A point system !!
rte at your house ,big points
rte new place, big place
rte farthest ridden to get there one way from house .
Rte with significant other more points ( mr happy would not count as he should though)
atteneding back to back rte's like a Saturday and a Sunday or a breakfast ,lunch and dinner all posted ahead of time .
Just a few thoughts as I am making my breakfast and I could have called a RTE in Marshfield ,just sayin .
Talk about paperwork. John was hoping to reduce the paperwork. You must be careful anyway. Curtis will be calling RTEs at Lamberts at least 5 times this year. As for calorie and cholesterol counting, Betty could never get a point and you would get entire roll of tickets.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Talk about paperwork. John was hoping to reduce the paperwork. You must be careful anyway. Curtis will be calling RTEs at Lamberts at least 5 times this year. As for calorie and cholesterol counting, Betty could never get a point and you would get entire roll of tickets.
I think RTE's for this contest should be Wisconsin only . Does Curtis even ride his bike anymore ?:twisted:
,maybe the most healthy RTE's should be given extra points . Is will be hard to make an easy to run contest ,any and all suggestions from anybody will be helpful . I am just rambling like normal .

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Like the Idea with the RTE's........ But I would not like see the total mileage contest for year end.
Really like to follow this......I won't be in the running........... but anyone that rides the amount of miles as these guys. Need to be recognized.

It's all on the honor system anyway. Lets have both. Some thing else to look forward to............
:sun1: Sorry guys leave Monday.

Lee

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Like the Idea with the RTE's........ But I would not like see the total mileage contest for year end.
Really like to follow this......I won't be in the running........... but anyone that rides the amount of miles as these guys. Need to be recognized.

It's all on the honor system anyway. Lets have both. Some thing else to look forward to............
:sun1: Sorry guys leave Monday.

Lee
No worries miles numbers will be still a great many posts . Like 380 miles in February for me !!
But in case it's decided to go with calories :joke: I am staying in shape with this mornings breakfast ,let's call it training meal .
4 eggs nestled on top of hashbrowns with diced honey ham and onions , sandwiched between sharp chedder cheese . 100 -200 calories I suppose . ;) Humnn I wonder what's for lunch ? It's 9 am already .
Have fun on trip you 2 . Do anything I would do ,,, and take pix ,just sayin .

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
mileage

My two cents.
If you come to a RTE in any vehicle it should count. If I came in the Gold Vaugon would that count?
The main thing you are trying to accomplish is to get people to come to a RTE that is all that should matter. Keep it simple and have fun with it.
It would be real funny if MR Happy made more RTEs than Rail. :lol:
It does even out the playing field, but I know I can't make a lot of them when they are not planned out far enough. But that is my schedule.
Good luck
Jerry:yes1:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
My two cents.
If you come to a RTE in any vehicle it should count. If I came in the Gold Vaugon would that count?
The main thing you are trying to accomplish is to get people to come to a RTE that is all that should matter. Keep it simple and have fun with it.
It would be real funny if MR Happy made more RTEs than Rail. :lol:
It does even out the playing field, but I know I can't make a lot of them when they are not planned out far enough. But that is my schedule.
Good luck
Jerry:yes1:
Gold Vaughon I would think count as it's bike based . Any vehicle makes it a cage forum gathering . :eek:4:
RTE is not main objective it's board activity . Simple is what is needed . MR Happy is game for whatever life brings his way . Gotta love the yellow dude . Mike could bring Mr Happy to all those pie nites he attends , but he does get lonesome of he does not hang around me a lot . Mr Happy ,not Mike :lol: Mike tolerates me in small doses , and who can blame him for that :twisted:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Okay simple is this: everyone who makes an RTE or any organized gathering in state gets a ticket in the drawing. If you don't make any events but post on this board you get a ticket. If you get a ticket traveling on the bike you get a ticket (had to throw that in), if you can understand Randy's post when he is excited and don't say What?? you get a ticket. If you get a pink moped and ride it in public you get a ticket. If you put your So on the back and ride in public you get another ticket and if you get a ticket for over loading the moped you get a ticket. Okay just kidding, but I am saying lets not get carried away. Randy can come up with at least a few hundred ideas, but no one really wants to get stitches in the head and name their first born rail (I don't think, well maybe Curtis)

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Okay simple is this: everyone who makes an RTE or any organized gathering in state gets a ticket in the drawing. If you don't make any events but post on this board you get a ticket. If you get a ticket traveling on the bike you get a ticket (had to throw that in), if you can understand Randy's post when he is excited and don't say What?? you get a ticket. If you get a pink moped and ride it in public you get a ticket. If you put your So on the back and ride in public you get another ticket and if you get a ticket for over loading the moped you get a ticket. Okay just kidding, but I am saying lets not get carried away. Randy can come up with at least a few hundred ideas, but no one really wants to get stitches in the head and name their first born rail (I don't think, well maybe Curtis)
A few hundred in a few minutes with enough coffee in me .
We should also add if anybody wants to help John with this I am sure he would be glad for assistance .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts