GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not take many pics, but there are some here to see. Can you see yourself or ones you know?

Thanks to Loren and Laura, great everything!

We rode in Sat morning from Chicago area, had breakfast, rode around all day, bs'd a little at the hotel, had dinner, drank a little more, slept and then left for home around 8:00am Sunday. Missed another great day of riding with you all Sunday. Had a great time, met some very good folks and look forward to more of the same! Thanks for the invite....(I had the Black one from IL)

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/ ... WI%20Ride/

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
nice pictures from both of u guys, thanks

hey Tim i liked the one that said looking for stem tools, got my attention, thanks for the beer but i guess it put me to sleep, it was a great weekend hope to do it again next year

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
OK my Turn - from Laura

Wow - I've been going over what to post here since we got home Sun nite, and no matter what I write... it just doesn't do the weekend justice for me. Most of you are used to attending rides/events/get-to-gethers/etc... but I'm not. Yes, I've done my share of poker rides/charity rides (mostly HD things), I've only been riding since 2001, and NOTHING compares to this past weekend for me. I had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful people, LOTS of laughs, sharing some of my favorite roads, food, etc.

To keep this short (for now) I'll just say this.... thanks to all of you who came from XXX number of miles to visit/ride/eat/sleep/repeat with us, and everyone else.

Thanks to BAT1800 for taking care of the Hotel group rate - it worked out great.

To Mike aka CycleDude for leading a group at the last minute... you're the best!

Here's pictures I took - they're not all "captioned" yet... but will get to that little by little. I work 4 10 hr days - and counting travel time, it comes to almost 13 hrs a day, so it'll take me a few days to update the pictures... so please check the link often!!!

Again - thanks to all of you... you really have made an impact on me in many ways.

Feel free to email me anytime! [email protected]

Laura Weeks

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/ ... -Fall2006/

ps - Ross - even though you weren't able to be there, your name was mentioned several times as to how you're doing/that you were missed/etc. Hope I have the opportunity to meet you sometime.

pss - to Polecat who is no longer a "Culvers Virgin"

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thank you Loren & Laura for putting together such a nice weekend even though we didn't get to ride along because of Marc's injured shoulder. We really enjoyed meeting you folks and look forward to next time so we can better join in the fun!
Claudia
www.itchyhitch.co

·
Registered
472 Posts
Saw you guys outside the hotel sat evening. We were at Wilderness on the lake for ths weekend with the kids. COULD'NT get away to stop by and say hello. (I tried) Sure had some great weather! Saw a lot of wings southbound saturday on I90. I was a little disappointed in the colors though, thought they'd be a little more brilliant by now. If you do it again next year at this time, I'm there.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Goldwingfreak said:
Saw you guys outside the hotel sat evening. We were at Wilderness on the lake for ths weekend with the kids. COULD'NT get away to stop by and say hello. (I tried) Sure had some great weather! Saw a lot of wings southbound saturday on I90. I was a little disappointed in the colors though, thought they'd be a little more brilliant by now. If you do it again next year at this time, I'm there.
tree colors were just great on sunday -tuesday, and would have been great for the weekend, but wednesday 4 am, the trees got rocked by golf ball size hail

we rode most of the routes on sun -tue, to check out detours, etc, and the color was great then

last year we watched the web sites and went to michigans up, at the peak, and saw exactly 1 good tree on the trip

things can change in the leaf business in a short time

maybe we can see youall next time

·
Crazy Northerner
8,631 Posts
Great pics even better time

Thanks again everyone. The pics really are a nice reminder of a really good weekend. Wish I could have stayed for Sunday also. It was so nice to meet all of you. Only been riding my wing for almost 3 months. Best ride yet. Wishing you all a short winter and a nice warm dry spring starting in March....lol

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Gsxr Guy said:
Who had the blue wing with green stripes, saw one just like it on Wisconsin Dells parkway on Saturday?
That might've been Bill (Tom :lol: ) If it was evening, he was makin a beer run! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I've been waiting to get my camera back from Lazykid so I could post a few pics, but he's a busy kid.

The Saturday and Sunday rides were fantastic. Loren set a great pace, knew right where he was going, and had everything well organized. I am not a social guy, and I've had bad experiences with group rides. This weekend blew me away.

Once people got over the fact that I didn't show up as a 12 year old on an electric scooter, every one was friendly.

Polecat gave me valuable group riding tips, explaining how Loren would really like it if I stayed glued to his tail lights so closely that he could see the whites of my eyes in his mirror.

Cycledude messed with my head, telling me that the only time I posted seemed to be when I was arguing with somebody. For the last three days, every time I was going to post, I would have second thoughts. But I've gotten over it. Mike, I'm not arguing, I'm discussing. :lol: Dis cussing is better than just cussing.

I enjoyed meeting MichaelBike and his brother at Paul Bunyan's over breakfast. You guys should have ridden with us after all. It was amazing.

Pit900 and lovely lady, thanks for the beer run. I enjoyed the ribs, chicken and conversation. I still don't have the protocol for not applying brakes in the middle of a turn when riding up someone's butt, however. Maybe the problem is my "brokeback blue" Wing :lol:

Hedo was cordial, though I got more conversation out of his bottle opener. I'm a bit of a sybarite myself. Only trouble is I took John Kay's advice about firing all of my guns at once. Now I'm out of ammo. I enjoyed getting a good look at (Dave's?) Feejer.

Laura, having had you in front and in back on the ride, I can say you handle that Valk real well.

Sheila, I sure hope you get your mileage goal in, but whether you do or not, it's clear that you bring fun with you wherever you go. I'm glad you enjoyed the ferry ride. Just think how good your gas mileage was, and how it spared your front tire.

GlGene, wait'll you see the picture at Pike's Peak with you for "perspective". Mt. Rushmore is next!

Polecat, yeah. The mountains next year for some scuffin and grindin.

Loren and Laura, thanks for just doing this. I have three "jobs" and I can almost never get away. Even riding is just a few stolen moments here and there. Since I've never been shy about dedicating my life to "Motorcycles, Sex, and Rock 'n Roll" it was a shock to see how domesticated I've become. That was the first week end in years that I didn't use to meet some obligation.

I was confused by Loren asking "What are you still doing here". You'd think he'd be happy to have me around to pretty up the group. :lol:

Anybody who's had group rides that have left a bad taste in your mouth, try one of these. Having two groups with slightly different agendas was a good move.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Finally got these up.

Paul Bunyan's parking lot. Lots of bikes.

Paul Bunyan's. Lots of Food

Taking a Break

Last known picture of GLGENE. Going on a milk carton.

Pke's Peak, Iowa

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Nice pics - thanks to everyone for posting them. Thanks for sticking around for the ride on Sun LazyBoy, hope you enjoyed the chicken!!!
Laura

1 - 18 of 18 Posts