GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To All WI gl1800 Riders.....

Does any one have a good mechanic that they trust who works on GL1800s on a regulare basis and who can tear apart an engine, transmission, clutch in the state of WI?

Not that I don't trust my dealer...but I just don't think they have the experience on handling major repairs.

I don't have any major problems, but the bike is just a year old and has 31,000 miles thus in another year I might have 60,000 miles and might need a mechanic.

Thanks

Safe Rides

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I have 248,000 on my 02 and the engine and transmission have never been apart. I know there are many that have more with no problems. Just ride it and maintain it and the engine and trans will probably go 500,000 miles

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
To All WI gl1800 Riders.....

Does any one have a good mechanic that they trust who works on GL1800s on a regulare basis and who can tear apart an engine, transmission, clutch in the state of WI?

Not that I don't trust my dealer...but I just don't think they have the experience on handling major repairs.

I don't have any major problems, but the bike is just a year old and has 31,000 miles thus in another year I might have 60,000 miles and might need a mechanic.

Thanks

Safe Rides
I trust and like "Mark" at ProMotor Sports in Fond Du Lac.

His been around goldwings most of his life, and rides a older Goldwing, a GL1500 I believe.
Mark's wife Diana is the service writter at the dealership.

Nice People.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Isn't the first 200,000 miles the engine break in period? If you keep up with normal maintenance it will take you a long time to wear out the bike.

Yes I work on bikes. :eek:4: If you need something you can call.
These bikes were made for the long haul. The test is to see if you can wear it out.:yes1:
Jerry

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am wearing it out as we speak...LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts