GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my wife was turning into our driveway she got rear ended by a MC. Guy had been drinking. No injuries. Her car has a lot of damage to the rear bumper. Now I have to deal with the BS of repair, or replace. Car is old but replacing will be bother.
Sorry to vent. Lucky she is safe, in bed, not hurt, but Monday have to deal with this. Well, could be worse for the biker. I was lucky. Had a short 250 mile trip( on my GL) today to watch grandson's second to last high school game. Tomorrow probably his last game. Kind of a sad weekend all the way around. Hay, the bright side is grandson has a brother 3 years old, sister 14, 6, and 8 months. Guess I'll have more soccer in my future. And I have no idea how it is played. Life is grand.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Glad to hear your wife is okay! Cars can be replaced.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
:agree::agree:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hey, this is a G rated site!!!

Then I read the posting, NOT just the title... Glad the bride is ok...she probably wants a new car anyways!

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Glad to hear your wife is okay! Cars can be replaced.

:agree::agree:.. The car like my 2012 wing can be replaced

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Hey, this is a G rated site!!!

Then I read the posting, NOT just the title... Glad the bride is ok...she probably wants a new car anyways!
I opened it looking for pictures.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Ya'all are bad......Lol!

It happens, once a motorcycle came around a curve in a sub-division doing about 70 and had to lay er down, and did so and slid up under my wife's car. Lucky for us several people in the yards saw it happen.

Cause motorcycle rider said Evil Knievel ran over him. I grinned when the state trooper said, if that is so why are you over here in this lane......lol.

Then a couple years later at the turn in to the house a young girl toked up on dope, they found it in her car and on her person, rear ended my wife's car while she was sitting waiting to turn, the young girl was thrown through the windshield and landed some 80 feet or so beyond the accident.

Needless to say the young girl did not survive.

Driving under the influence is not wise, beyond that it effect those who are responsible and just trying to get through the day.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Driving under the influence is not wise, beyond that it effect those who are responsible and just trying to get through the day.

I consider myself an average driver/rider. I don't need anything to make me a worse one.

Never had an at-fault accident but have been rear-ended a couple of times and also had three of my cars hit while parked. Ya gotta be really "off" to run into parked cars.

·
Registered
584 Posts
For her safety, I would consider replacing the car with a larger vehicle, like a SUV. They will protect the driver & passengers better in a collision.

Its called the "Lug Nut Rule"; a basic rule in a motor vehicle collision that the vehicle with more lug nuts wins.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Glad to here nobody was injured, sucks when this happens and you are on the losing end, you never really get back what something is really worth to you.

As regards the soccer, turn the DVR on, we have the World Cup starting this week in Brazil......Whether you like it, understand it or not, there will be plenty of coverage.

Sadly the USA don't stand much chance of getting out of their group stage.

We got rear ended once, while not in the car. We were having dinner, around 6:00pm, still daylight and we heard a huge crash. We rushed outside expecting to see a couple of cars that had come together. Instead, there was cyclist trying to get out of our Mini. He ran plum into the back of our parked car, no bicycle helmet, and went straight through the rear windshield. By the time we got outside, all I could see were his legs from the knee down sticking out the rear window. Fortunately, he had a hard head and only suffered a few cuts and bruises, but his bicycle was a mess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts