GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pre-kids, my wife and I used to enjoy rides on our '94 GL1500. After our first child in 1997, she rode very seldom up until I sold the bike in 1999. She's never been interested in riding on the GL1800 which will be 4 years old in October. Tonight, we took a little ride (60 miles round trip) down to Galveston for dinner. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy her company on the bike. Maybe this is the beginning of something good. BTW, I was presently surprised at the power of the bike 2-up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
:coffee1: here hoping for many more miles of smiles for you two riding:thumbup:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm excited for you. My wife would not ride with me before I bought the Wing. She said, "riding is your thing, go enjoy it." I owned a '98 Valkyrie Standard at the time, but I stayed after her and she said, "I will only ride with you if you have something comfortable for me, like a Goldwing." Two months late I had a new '08 Airbagger. She has ridden to the Dragon with me from FL and number of shot trip around our home. So, there's a good possibility she will be with you many times in the future. Enjoy! :congrats:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Wishing you many miles of happy trails with her!
The only thing better is your SO riding her own. :nojoke:

·
Registered
149 Posts
:congrats:
90 percent of the joy of riding is sharing it with someone special. Billie and I just finished a Phoenix to Seattle and a ferry ride to Alaska for another thousand miles before flying back. We do a long ride a year and many small rides. Great times on great Wings, Don't we love it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
My wife only rode a couple of times with me. Since she is such a control freak, she bought her own ride. She now is on her second Can Am Spyder. Her current ride is the RT SE and she loves it.

Joe in Modesto

·
Registered
237 Posts
Pre-kids, my wife and I used to enjoy rides on our '94 GL1500. After our first child in 1997, she rode very seldom up until I sold the bike in 1999. She's never been interested in riding on the GL1800 which will be 4 years old in October. Tonight, we took a little ride (60 miles round trip) down to Galveston for dinner. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy her company on the bike. Maybe this is the beginning of something good. BTW, I was presently surprised at the power of the bike 2-up.
Congratulations, I've had almost the same experience. My boys are grown now and my wife enjoys riding as much as I do.
Much more enjoyable to have someone share the ride with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts